10 people charged with various criminal offenses
Ten people have been charged with various criminal offenses, according to court records. Those charged and the law enforcement agencies involved were:
• Max Newman Jr., 36, and Arlene Knowlton, 38, both of 138 Mechanic St., Muncy; Muncy police; possession with intent to deliver 424 “tabs” laced with LSD and related offenses as a result of marijuana and LSD being discovered in their home on April 9; both jailed in lieu of $250,000 bail each.
• Troy Berry Jr., 31, of 602 Maple St.; city police; possession with intent to deliver marijuana and related offenses at Second Avenue and Horton Alley on April 7; jailed in lieu of $15,000 bail.
• Ashley Thompson, 25, of 743 W. Edwin St.; the county Narcotics Enforcement Unit; possession with intent to deliver heroin and related offenses for her alleged involvement in selling a bundle of heroin on three occasions to an undercover officer in the city between mid-November and late March; released on $75,000 bail.
• Brandon Confer, 27, of 101 Boak Ave., lot 39, Hughesville; Hughesville police; theft and receiving stolen property for allegedly stealing $1,830 from Daniel Brink’s pickup truck at 165 S. Railroad St. on March 5; sent a summons to appear before a district judge.
• Masontelle Petion-Hill, 21, of 2400 Lincoln Drive; Pennsylvania College of Technology police; simple assault, disorderly conduct and harassment for allegedly punching Gloria Williamson in the face in the George S. Klump Academic Center on the campus on March 4; sent a summons to appear before a district judge.
• Motorist Robert Smith, 55, of 101 N. Loyalsock Ave., Montoursville; Montoursville police; DUI on North Loyalsock Avenue on Feb. 15; his blood-alcohol content level was .18; released on $10,000 bail.
• Motorist William Ross Jr., 52, of 2411 W. Fourth St.; city police; DUI, speeding and driving with a suspended license in the 1900 block of West Third Street on Feb. 9; sent a summons to appear before a district judge.
• Darius Simmons, 38, of 901 Flook Road, Jersey Shore; city police; possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia at Wayne Avenue and Linn Street on Nov. 23; released on $1,500 bail.
• Benito Atkinson, 68, of Pittsburgh; state police; possession with intent to deliver suboxone and contraband for allegedly attempting to smuggle the controlled substance to an inmate at the state Correctional Institution at Muncy via the mail back in late November 2016; released on $35,000 bail.