6 charged in Tioga County
TIOGA — Six people have been charged with various criminal offenses and have been sent a summons to appear for a preliminary hearing before a district judge in Tioga County, according to court records. Those charged were:
• Anthony James Rinebold, 31, 1008 Hollow Road, Mansfield, state police at Mansfield, theft of an automobile and failing to give notice of a change of address stemming from an incident at 2387 N. Williamson Road, Putnam Township, between Nov. 1, 2018, and Dec. 26, 2018. According to police, Rinebold took a 2000 VW Jetta that had been owned by Lori A. Diasparra, which Rinebold had planned to buy. Diasparra had taken the license off the car and canceled the insurance because the car needed repairs. Rinebold allegedly took the car and put the license plate back on it and drove the car without her knowledge. Rinebold waived his preliminary hearing and was released on $2,500 unsecured bail. He has been sent a summons to appear June 10 before District Judge James E. Carlson.
• Isaac Floyd Kolb, 40, 5047 Blockhouse Road, Liberty, two counts of driving under the influence and other traffic offenses stemming from an incident Nov. 19 on Route 660 in Richmond Township. According to state police at Mansfield, the investigating officer arrived at the scene of a vehicle on its roof in the yard of a residence along the road. The police officer noticed a partially consumed bottle of vodka near the rear of the vehicle. Kolb initially denied being the driver, but witnesses said Kolb was the only person in the vehicle before the crash and had been swerving back and forth across the lanes before his vehicle skidded and rolled over. Kolb was sent a summons for a May 15 preliminary hearing before Carlson.
• Charles Lee Cozby, 325 Kelly Road, Wellsboro, has been charged with simple assault and harassment stemming from an incident on May 11 at Charlestown Road and Hill Creek Lake Road. According to state police at Mansfield, Cozby allegedly punched, struck and pulled his wife’s hair. Christina Cozby told police that her husband began hitting her in his truck and that she eventually jumped out of the truck but he came back for her and continued to hit her and pull her hair until they got home. He then left. Cozby has been sent a summons to appear before District Judge Robert L. Repard on May 28 for a preliminary hearing.
• Joshua J. Peters, 20, 25 North Calaman Lane, Columbia Crossroads, possession of a small amount of marijuana and drug paraphernalia stemming from an incident April 30 at Charleston Street in Wellsboro. According to Wellsboro police, Peters was found to be in possession of the drug and paraphernalia at the Little League fields. He faces a preliminary hearing June 11 before Repard.
• Patricia A. Learn, 48, P.O. Box 188 Osceola, theft stemming for from an incident in Elkland Borough on Jan. 31. According to state police at Mansfield, Learn allegedly took a pill bottle from Mary Daley, of Elkland, containing 3 Tramadol pills and returned the bottle with only two. The pill has been valued at $20. Learn faces a preliminary hearing July 11 before Repard.