Electrical fire snuffed out in city garage before spreading

At around 7:15 p.m. Monday, a small electrical fire happened in a garage at 386 E. Fifth Ave., according to Daniel Smith, deputy chief of South Williamsport Fire Department. The people living at the residence were not home and a neighbor within the development placed the call. The fire was extinguished quickly and the components within the garage that caught fire were removed, including a refrigerator, shown above. The fire was contained within the garage and did not spread to the home or yard, Smith said.

At around 7:15 p.m. Monday, a small electrical fire happened in a garage at 386 E. Fifth Ave., according to Daniel Smith, deputy chief of South Williamsport Fire Department. The people living at the residence were not home and a neighbor within the development placed the call. The fire was extinguished quickly and the components within the garage that caught fire were removed, including a refrigerator, shown above. The fire was contained within the garage and did not spread to the home or yard, Smith said.