14 charged for alleged crimes in Lycoming County
Fourteen people have been charged with various criminal offenses, according to court records. Those charged and the law enforcement agencies involved were:
• Louis Mercantino III, 34, of 1585 Route 495, Hughesville; Old Lycoming Township police; theft and receiving stolen property for allegedly stealing multiple buckets of scrap metal from ARC Heating and Cooling Service, 4468 Lycoming Creek Road, on June 22; sent a summons to appear before a district judge.
• Quran Geddy, 23, of 1640 Memorial Ave.; the county’s Narcotics Enforcement Unit; possession with intent to deliver heroin and related offenses for his alleged involvement in four city drug sale between March 15 and May 17; the sales occurred in the 400 block of Louisa Street, the 700 block of Arch Street and 1600 block of Memorial Avenue; jailed in lieu of $125,000 bail.
• Louise Mercantino, 34, of 1585 Route 405, Hughesville; Old Lycoming Township police; DUI of numerous controlled substances, possession of 22 bags of heroin and possession of drug paraphernalia in the 1900 block of Lycoming Creek Road on May 10; sent a summons to appear before a district judge.
• Donald Bonomo, 58, of Shamokin; city police; DUI in the 400 block of Little League Boulevard on May 10; his blood-alcohol content level was .10; released on $5,000 bail.
• Tomas Virgen-Velasquez, 31, of Boise, Idaho; state police; possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia in the 2000 block of East Third Street on May 7; a bench warrant for his arrest was expected to be filed after he failed to appear for his preliminary hearing on Monday.
• Linda Jenkins, 60, of Milton; Montoursville police; DUI (third offense) on Interstate 180 in Montoursville on April 10; her blood-alcohol content level was .17; released on $10,000 bail=
• Payton Crosson, 21, of Harrisburg; city police; DUI of a controlled substance, possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia at Third and Market streets on March 21; released on $5,000 bail.
• Khaliq Almumin El, 30, of 945 Memorial Ave.; the county’s Narcotics Enforcement Unit; possession with intent to deliver heroin and related offenses in the area of Third Avenue and Park Lane in the city on March 11; jailed on a probation violation and in lieu of $75,000 bail.
• Kahill Brooker, 24, of 722 Fourth Ave.; city police; DUI of a controlled substance and driving with a suspended license following a crash in the 700 block of High Street on March 7; released on $5,000 bail.
• Daniel Bozochovic, 35, of 1636 Marlin Parkway; state police; possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia at his Loyalsock Township home on March 6; released on $5,000 bail.
• Jeffrey Bennett, 34, of 5889 Warrensville Road; state police; DUI, speeding and careless driving on Route 15 in Old Lycoming Township on Feb. 8; his blood-alcohol content level was .15; sent a summons to appear before a district judge.
• Lycoming County Prison inmate Jamir Ceruti, 21, of Williamsport; Lycoming County District Attorney’s Office; simple assault and retaliation against a witness for allegedly striking another inmate, Austin Robertson at the jail, 277 W. Third St., on Jan. 31; Ceruti was jailed on burglary charges in April 2018 in which Robinson was the victim; Robertson was jailed Jan. 8 on an unknown matter and assaulted a little more than three weeks later; recommitted on the new charges in lieu of $75,000 bail.
• Eric Richardson, 35, of Philadelphia; the county’s Narcotics Enforcement Unit; possession with intent to deliver cocaine and related offenses for allegedly selling .85 grams of cocaine to an informant at Park Avenue and Rose Street in the city last Oct. 9.
• Daqwan Alford, 41, of 816 Elmira St.; conspiracy to deliver heroin and illegal use of cellphone for his alleged involvement in six city drug sales between last August 27 and late October; the sales occurred at Grace and Walnut streets and the 800 block of Memorial Avenue; jailed in lieu of $125,000 bail.