11 recently charged for various alleged crimes
Eleven people have been charged with various criminal offenses, according to court records. Those charged and the police departments involved were:
• Lockey Locklear Jr., 33, of Lumberton, North Carolina; state police; terroristic threats, simple assault, DUI, disorderly conduct and harassment following a disturbance outside the Venture Inn, 1896 Route 44, Jersey Shore, after he had been ordered off the premises; he got in his truck, drove to the inn’s front entrance and allegedly threatened the bar owner and others with a knife while he was in his vehicle; “he pulled a knife with the intent to terrorize” the bar owner, police alleged; initially jailed, he is free on $25,000 bail; no information available about his blood-alcohol content level.
• Richard Saltsgiver, 53, of 13937 Route 220, Hughesville; state police; simple assault and harassment after allegedly grabbing and shoving his wife, Melanie Ann, during a disturbance at the couple’s Penn Township home on Aug. 17; initially jailed, but now free on $5,000 bail.
• Jose Lerma, 32, of Indianapolis, Indiana; Tiadaghton Valley Regional police; DUI and driving with a suspended license on Route 220 in Piatt Township on Aug. 10; he refused to provide a blood sample; jailed in lieu of $30,000 bail.
• Ryan Morgan, 40, of 47 W. Fourth St.; Tiadaghton Valley Regional police; simple assault and harassment for allegedly grabbing Nola Magargle by the throat and punching her at 368 Allegheny St. in Jersey Shore on Aug. 8; jailed in lieu of $15,000 bail.
• Shelley Read-Helm, 39, of Linden; Tiadaghton Valley Regional police; DUI and careless driving in the 200 block of Railroad Street in Jersey Shore on Aug. 3; her blood-alcohol content level was .22; sent a summons to appear before a district judge.
• Matthew Boyer, 31, of 126 Red Barn Road, Hughesville; state police; DUI and careless driving at South Main and Carpenter streets in Muncy on July 25; his blood-alcohol content level was .11; sent a summons to appear before a district judge.
• Bruce Giampapa. 35, of 244 High St., Jersey Shore; Tiadaghton Valley Regional police; theft and receiving stolen property for allegedly stealing a portable fan from the Squeaky Kleen Laundromat, 342 Allegheny St., Jersey Shore, on July 12; sent a summons to appear before a district judge.
• Levi Bennett, 29, of 1308 Allegheny St., Jersey Shore; the local chapter of the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals; cruelty to animals and neglect of animals for allegedly abandoning two husky-type dogs at his homes, failing to provide necessary food, water and a clean shelter on July 3; he has since surrendered both dogs to the SPCA; a warrant for his arrest was expected to be filed after he failed to appear for a recent hearing.
• Sheldon Staron, 40, of 724 Pennsylvania Ave.; Tiadaghton Valley Regional police; DUI, endangering the welfare of child and recklessly endangering another person on Route 220 in Piatt Township on May 22; his blood-alcohol content level was .19; he had a 10-year-old child in the vehicle at the time; sent a summons to appear before a district judge.
• Rita Fournier, 32, of 221 Shady Acres, Jersey Shore; Tiadaghton Valley Regional police; DUI, careless driving and driving with a suspended license in the 100 block of Route 44 South in Nippenose Township on April 27; her blood-alcohol content level was .19; this was her third DUI arrest; released on $3,500 bail.
• Raymond Lewis, 56, of 523 Arch St.; city police; criminal mischief and corrupting the morals of a minor for allegedly firing pellets at several windows at Brodart, 500Arch St., as well as at a woman’s parked car and a pedestrian-crossing sign on March 11; total damage was estimated at $1,885; according to court records; he allegedly gave a pellet gun to a minor, police said; released on $3,500 bail.