Mill Hall man is jailed in stabbing

LOCK HAVEN – A confrontation that began in the Riverside Saloon and spilled out into Grove Street early Saturday morning ended with serious stab wounds to one man and the arrest of his suspected assailant on charges of aggravated assault, city police said.

Rahiem Fant, 32, of 104 Main St. in Mill Hall, was arrested Saturday night, arraigned by District Judge John Maggs and is in the Clinton County Correctional Facility in lieu of $100,000 bail, according to city police. He is charged with two counts each of aggravated assault, simple assault and recklessly endangering.

Meanwhile, Cory Manning, 23, of Richton, Miss., was listed in serious condition Tuesday evening at Geisinger Medical Center in Danville with stab wounds of the arm and abdomen.

According to the police criminal complaint and affidavit, city officers were dispatched to the Lock Haven Hospital at about 2:28 a.m. after a reported stabbing.

Later, according to police, several witnesses were shown a photographic lineup including the defendant and positively identified Fant as the culprit.

On Saturday at 6:40 p.m. police went to 104 Main St., Mill Hall, where Fant resides. He was not home, but police left word with neighbors that they wanted to talk to Fant. At about 8:17 p.m. Fant phoned police and told them he would come to the Lock Haven Police Department in 20 minutes. By 9 p.m. Fant had not arrived and a warrant was issued for his arrest.

Police later found Fant in the area of the Hangar 9 bar on Bellefonte Avenue, and he had a folding knife in his possession.

Officers traveled to Geisinger Medical Center in Danville Saturday afternoon, and spoke to a physician who said Manning had been treated for two stab wounds, one in the forearm and one in the abdomen.

The doctor said the forearm cut damaged a tendon and the cut in the abdomen damaged an artery and bowel. Both were surgically repaired.

Manning told officers that he tried to intervene in an argument between his friend and the suspect, and when he went outside he turned around to discover a black male behind him who “got into his face and was yelling that he “ran this town, he’s a big shot here, when something needs done I get it done.”

Manning also looked at a photo array and identified Rahiem Fant as the attacker “with 90 percent certainty.”