Pa. Military Museum plans appreciation event on Saturday
BOALSBURG — The Pennsylvania Military Museum, 51 Boal Ave., will hold a military appreciation pre-tailgate program from 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Saturday
Presentations on various military topics will be held in the auditorium. They include:
• “A Football-Playing, War Veteran U.S. President” by Greg Farro
• “The Road to V-J Day Began in Mid-1942,” by Jonathan Diamond
• “World War I: The Causes and Why We Joined the Fight,” by John Stevens, major general retired
• “History of the Army Corps of Engineers,” by Walt Kilareski, former captain, U.S. Army
• “Restoring a Rarity: The PA Military Museum’s 6-ton Light Tank,” by Mike Siggins
Guided tours of the museum, and, weather permitting, of the armored vehicles on the museum’s grounds will be offered, with paid admission to the museum.
Static displays provided by the 4th Infantry Division will be set up and re-enacted, weather permitting.
Presentations of Vietnam Service pins will be made to Vietnam veterans in attendance.
Then, at 3 p.m., a Veterans Appreciation Day tailgate will be held at the Bryce Jordan Center on the campus of Penn State University. Veterans are encouraged to participate in the tailgate event.
It will conclude prior to the game at Beaver Stadium. The tailgate features a buffet provided by Wal-Mart and entertainment by the 28th Division band, the USO Troupe and other performers.