Driver license, photo centers closed for Christmas holiday
The state Department of Transportation’s driver license and photo centers, including its full-service center in Harrisburg, will be closed through Monday for the Christmas holiday.
Customers may obtain a variety of driver and vehicle products and services, including all forms, publications and driver training manuals, online through the Driver and Vehicle Services website at www.dmv.pa.gov.
Driver and vehicle online services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week and include:
• Driver’s license, photo ID and vehicle registration renewals;
• Driver-history services;
• Changes of address;
• Driver license and vehicle registration restoration letters;
• The ability to pay driver license or vehicle insurance restoration fees;
• Driver license and photo ID duplicates; and
• Driver exam scheduling.
There are no additional fees for using online services.
Motorists also can check conditions on more than 40,000 roadway miles, including color-coded winter conditions on 2,900 miles, by visiting www.511PA.com. 511PA, which is free and available 24 hours a day, provides traffic delay warnings, weather forecasts, traffic speed information, and access to more than 850 traffic cameras.
Weight restriction removed on Tioga County roadway
A weight restriction has been removed from Route 1022 (North Road) in Tioga County because of upgrades made by the state Department of Transportation.
The 10-ton posting was removed on the entire length of North Road from the New York state line to Route 328 in Jackson Township.
More tools available to public via 511PA
More information is available to drivers for their holiday and future travels through the website www.511PA.com, which is Pennsylvania’s statewide travel information service.
Motorists now can see any travel alerts on state roads along a specific route when they enter “start” and “end” points, and additional weather information is available for dozens of roadway sites across the state.
“Keeping goods and people moving safely and efficiently is a critical government function,” said Gov. Tom Wolf. “We continue to look for ways to empower the public as they make travel choices, and these 511PA enhancements put valuable information at the public’s fingertips.”
To view travel information tailored to a driver’s specific route, PennDOT has added the “Check My Route” tool through which users enter “start” and “end” points and see travel alerts for state roadways along the defined route. During the winter, the tool also shows when each road was last plowed.
511PA also now features images and information from 69 PennDOT Road Weather Information System sites along major state roadways. Each “weather station” shows a photo along with temperature, wind and precipitation information for that specific location.
Wolf also announced that 511PAConnect, a service the administration unveiled a year ago that provides motorists with information during long-term road closures, received another award — the fifth since its implementation.
The Intelligent Transportation Society of Pennsylvania named 511PAConnect its 2017 Project of the Year at a ceremony held this month.
“I’m very proud of the work that went into 511PAConnect and even prouder that we have this innovative service to assist travelers when needed,” Wolf said.
Motorists can visit www.511PA.com to see plow-truck locations and road-plowing data, and check conditions on more than 40,000 roadway miles, including color-coded winter conditions on 2,900 miles.
511PA, which is free and available 24 hours a day, provides traffic delay warnings, weather forecasts, traffic speed information, and access to more than 850 traffic cameras.
511PA also is available through a smartphone application for iPhone and Android devices, by calling 5-1-1, or by following regional Twitter alerts accessible on the 511PA website.
Road work scheduled
Road work is scheduled by the state Department of Transportation in the following counties this week:
• Crack sealing along routes 2023 in Loyalsock and Hepburn townships, 3017 in Old Lycoming Township, 3007 in Woodward and Anthony townships, 1009 in Jackson Township and 1008 in Cascade Township.
• Inlet repair along Route 3014 in Old Lycoming Township.
• Shoulder Stabilization along routes 44 in Washington Township and 2051 in Muncy Township.
• Inlet cleaning along Route 4003 in Cogan House and Pine townships.
• Shoulder work along routes 1004 in Cascade Township and 1009 in Jackson Township.
• RAR repair along various routes county wide.
• Crack sealing along routes 405 in Milton Borough and 4001 in Rush Township.
• Brushing along routes 11 in Point Township and 3010 in Jackson Township.
• Shoulder cutting along Route 147 in Lower Augusta Township.
• Sign upgrade along Route 11 in Point Township.
• Belt loading along routes 125 in Shamokin Township and 901 in Mt. Carmel Township.
• Side dozing along Route 2044 in West Cameron Township.
• Crack sealing along routes 2001 and 2002 in Wilmot Township, 4015 in Troy and West Burlington townships and 1036 in Orwell Township.
• Brush cutting along routes 2002 in Wilmot Township and 2015 in Terry and Albany townships.
• Clean rock outcrop along Route 14 in Canton Township.
• Ditch cleaning along routes 3003 in Canton Township, 1049 in Pike Township and 14 in South Creek Township.
• Shoulder stabilization along Route 4018 in Ridgebury Township, 2024 and 2028 in Asylum Township, 2007 in Wilmot and Terry townships and 2009 in Wilmot Township.
• Sign installation and repair along various routes county wide.
• Brush cutting along routes 42 in Shewsbury Township and 4008 in Elkland Township.
• Crack sealing along routes 1008 and 1009 in White Deer Township and 2004 and 2007 in East Buffalo Township.
• U-drain installation along Route 3020 in Hartley Township.
• Bank removal along Route 1002 in Kelly Township.
• Ditching along Route I-80 in White Deer Township.
• Ditching along routes 6 in Richmond Township, 49 in Westfield Township, 1020 in Jackson Township, 3007 in Delmar Township and 4017 in Osceola Township.
• Install U-drain along Route 6 in Richmond Township.
• Crack sealing along routes 414 in Liberty Township, Charleston and Covington townships and 2025 in Covington Township.