PennDOT: Expect delays on Route 120
LOCK HAVEN — Motorists should expect delays through mid-April on a section of Route 120 in Clinton County as a project to improve the roadway surface take place, according to the state Department of Transportation.
Starting Monday, crews from Clinton County PennDOT Maintenance will be working on a “mill and fill” job along Route 120 between the Hyner bridge and the village of North Bend.
Drivers should expect long delays as work takes place and an alternating traffic pattern is enforced with the use of flaggers and a pilot vehicle.
Work hours are set for 7 a.m. through 5 p.m. each weekday through April 13.
All work is weather dependent. Advance signage and message boards will be in place.
Litter pickup planned in Snyder, Union and Bradford counties
In an effort to improve the environment and clean up local roadways. PennDOT maintenance crews in Bradford, Snyder and Union counties are scheduled to pick up litter next week.
Crews will pick up litter along routes 6, 220, 467, 154 and 549 in Bradford County.
Litter pickup will begin Monday and continue through Friday, weather permitting.
In Snyder and Union counties, crews will pick up litter along Route 15 and Routes 11/15 from the Juniata County line to the Lycoming County line.
Pickup will begin Monday and continue through Wednesday, weather permitting.
There will be no impacts to traffic during litter cleanup activities. However, motorists are asked to be alert and watch for workers near the roadway.
Road work scheduled
Road work is scheduled by the state Department of Transportation in the following counties this week:
• Bridge flushing on Route 180 in Muncy Creek and Muncy townships.
• Patching on Route 87 in Plunketts Creek Township.
• Bridge replacement — bridge closed — on Liuzza Road in Moreland Township.
• Ditch cleaning on Pleasant Valley Road in Eldred Township.
• Guide rail repairs and street sweeping countywide.
• None listed.
• Bridge cleaning on Route 15 in Lawrence and Tioga townships and in Liberty, Mansfield and Lawrenceville; on Route 249 in Middlebury, Chatham and Westfield townships.
• Crack sealing on Route 549 in Richmond and Sullivan townships and on Pickle Hill Road in Richmond Township.
• Shoulder cutting on Cherry Flats Road in Charleston and Covington townships.
• Timber deck replacement on Canoe Camp Creek Road in Richmond Township.
• Ditching and U-drain work on Tannery Hill Road in Nelson and Farmington townships.
• Sign installation and repair countywide.
• Bridge deck replacement on Allen Meadon Road in Granville Township.
• Crack sealing on Austinville Road in Columbia Township; on Pantherlick and Foote roads in Wilmot Township; and on Orwell Hill Road in Orwell Township.
• Shoulder stabilization on Berwick Turnpike Road in Ridgebury Township and on North Rome Road in Litchfield Township.
• Litter pickup and sign installation and repair countywide.
• Debris removal on Route 220 in Towanda Township.
• Low shoulder work on Liberty Corners Road in Monroe and Asylum townships.
• Ditch cleaning on Forked Road in Towanda and Monroe townships.
• Brush cutting on Sugar Hill and Quicks Bend roads in Wilmot Township.
• Patching pavement on River Road in Athens Township.
• Shoulder stabilization on North Rome Road in Litchfield Township.
• Crack sealing on Route 42 in Shrewsburg Township and on Campbellville Road in Elkland Township.
• Bridge flushing countywide.
• Crack sealing on Route 45 in Buffalo and East Buffalo townships and on Swengle Road in Lewis and West Buffalo township.
• Litter pickup on Interstate 80 in Lewis, White Deer and West Buffalo townships and on Route 15 in Union, Buffalo, Kelly and Gregg townships.
• Bank removal on Col. John Kelly Road in Kelly Township.
• U-drain work on Devitt Camp Road and Route 15 in Gregg Township.
• Belt loading on Interstate 80 in Turbot and Delaware townships.
• Guide rail repair countywide.
• Ditching on Route 147 in Lower Mahonoy Township.
• Crack sealing on Route 3004 in West Cameron Township, Oak Street in Mt. Carmel Township and Third Street in Mt. Carmel Borough.
• Washouts on South Market Street in Ralpho Township and on Snydertown Road in Shamokin Township.
• Pipe extension on Sunbury Road in Rush Township.
• Sign upgrades on Route 11 in Point Township.