Cable guiderail project to begin on Route 220
A $690,000 median cable guide rail project on Route 220 in Lycoming County will begin this week, acoording to the state Department of Transportation.
Prime contractor Morgan Rail Inc., of Temple, will begin work on Route 220 at the Clinton County line near Jersey Shore and work to Route 287 in Piatt Township.
The contractor then will work from the West Fourth Street ramps in Woodward Township to Route 15 north in Williamsport.
There will be lane restrictions and flagging, and work should be done by late August.
Detour changed for Bumpville Road
The detour route for a PennDOT structure replacement project on Bumpville Road in Rome Township, Bradford County, has been changed to Bumpville Road and Reynolds Road. The change was made due to a drainage pipe issue on Labarre Road.
Road work scheduled
Road work is scheduled by PennDOT in the following counties this week:
• Patching along routes 44 and 554 in Washington Township and Route 87 in Plunketts Creek Township.
• Bridge replacement and closure along Liuzza Road in Moreland Township.
• Ditch cleaning along Pleasant Valley Road in Eldred and Hepburn townships.
• Pipe replacement along Southard Road in Gamble Township.
• Sign repairs along Route 144 and various routes.
• Guiderail repairs along Route 80 and various routes.
• Debris cleanup and delineation along Routes 120 and 144.
• Side dozing and shoulder cutting along Route 120 on Baker Run to Hyner on Tuesday and Wednesday and various routes in Lock Haven.
• Mill and fill roadway repairs along Route 120 Hyner to North Bend.
• Culvert headwall and wing repair along Route 664 in Caldwell.
• Pipe work along Little Plum Run Road, parallel pipe around segment 80 and Route 144 south.
• Sweeping and bridge cleaning along Route 220, Interstate 80 and various small bridges.
• Patching along North Street in Albany and Terry townships, Marshview Road in Terry and Asylum townships, Athens bypass in Athens Township, Route 367 in Tuscarora Township, Warren Center and Jackson Valley roads in Warren Township.
• Base repairs along Riverside Drive Road in Athens and Litchfield townships and Springfield Road in Springfield and Smithfield townships.
• Base repairs, crack sealing and replacing pipe along Grover Road in Canton Township.
• Crack sealing and replacing pipe along Ellenton Mountain Road in Canton Township.
• Crack sealing along Sugar Hill Road in Wilmot Township.
• Recycling roadway along Burlington Turnpike Road in Monroe, Towanda and Burlington townships.
• Bridge replacement along Bumpville Road in Rome Township.
• Shoulder cutting along Canada Road in Putnam and Covington townships, Cherry Flats Road along Charleston and Covington townships, Welsh Road in Charleston Township.
• Manual patching along Pumpkin Hill Road in Rutland and Jackson townships, Baker Road in Jackson Township, Morris Run Road in Hamilton Township and Mack Road in Covington Township.
• Bridge cleaning along Route 15 in Liberty and Bloss townships.
• Reclaiming millings along Cobb Road in Charleston Township.
• Deck joint repairs along Milk Plant Road in Liberty Township.
• Pipe replacement along Farm Road in Liberty Township.
• Manual base repairs along Snyder Point Road in Shippen Township.
• Bridge maintenance and deck repairs along Marsh Creek Road in Shippen Township.
• Patching along California Road in Brookfield Township.
• Ditching along Tannery Hill Road in Farmington Township.
• Patching along Route 15 in White Deer Township.
• Base repairs along Route 45 in East Buffalo Township.
• Guiderail repair along various routes.
• Base repairs along Ridge Road in Point Township, Susquehanna Trail in Turbot and Delaware townships, Route 44 in Delaware Township and Route 642 in East Chillisquaque Township.
• Bridge flushing along various routes.
• Bridge replacement along Brush Valley Road in Rockefeller Township.
• Sign upgrade along Route 11 in Point Township.
• Crack sealing along Route 4006 in Elkland Township and Route 3002 in Shrewsbury Township.
• Bridge flushing countywide.