Area church briefs
Easter egg hunt set
Trinity Assembly of God, 332 N. Loyalsock Ave. in Montoursville, will hold an Easter egg hunt from 10-11:30 a.m. Call 570-368-1026 for more information.
Sunrise services scheduled
• HUGHESVILLE — Hughesville United Methodist Church Praise Team will present the 6:30 a.m. service at Christ United Methodist Church, 148 S. Main St.
• JERSEY SHORE — Phelps Chapel Church, 68 Phelps Chapel Road, Pine Creek Exit off Route 220, will hold a sunrise service at 7 a.m. breakfast to follow. No 9:30 a.m. service.
• TURBOTVILLE — First Presbyterian Church of Watsontown and the Warrior Run Fort Freeland Historical Society will hold a sunrise service at 7 a.m. at the Historic Warrior Run Church, Warrior Run Boulevard. Chris Frantz will play the pump organ, the First Presbyterian Church choir will sing and the Rev. Paul A. Smith will bring the message. An offering will be taken and the proceeds will go to the Historical Society for the upkeep of the church.
• LINDEN — Mount Zion United Methodist Church, Route 220 and Martins Road, will hold a sunrise service at 7 a.m.
• Lycoming Presbyterian Church, 825 Arch St., will hold a sunrise service in Colonial Park, adjacent to the church, (weather permitting) at 7:30 a.m. A continental breakfast will be held afterward.
Resurrection and Easter egg hunt
Trinity Episcopal Church, 844 W. Fourth St., will hold a celebration of the resurrection and Holy Eucharist at 8 and 10 a.m. An Easter egg hunt will follow both services.
Easter services set
• Christ Episcopal Church, 426 Mulberry St., will celebrate the resurrection at 10 a.m. with the Rev. Canon Andrew France.
• The GAP Fellowship of Williamsport, 312 Maynard St., will celebrate the resurrection at 10:17 a.m. with the Rev. Gary Runtas.
• SALLADASBURG — Salladasburg United Methodist, 404 Main St., will hold Sunday service at 11 a.m.
Meatloaf supper slated
MONTGOMERY — St. John’s Lutheran “Brick” Church, 196 Brick Church Road, will hold a meatloaf supper from 4-6:30 p.m.
Christian ladies to meet
TIVOLI — The Christian Ladies Group will meet at 1 p.m. at Tivoli United Methodist Church, 9598 Route 220, Hughesville, where Debbie and Larry Stout will share about their missionary work in eastern Europe.
Seniors eat free
Montoursville Presbyterian Church, 900 Elm St., will serve lunch free to retirees at noon. Free-will donations accepted.
Rummage sale set
DuBoistown United Methodist Church, 133 Summer St., will hold a rummage sale from 8 a.m.-2 p.m. Friday and 8 a.m.-1 p.m. Saturday. Lunch will be available. Proceeds will benefit the Women’s Society mission outreach.
Indoor yard sale, luncheon
Faith United Methodist Church, 700 Fairview Drive, will hold an indoor yard sale and luncheon from 8 a.m.-1 p.m.
Spring tea scheduled
LINDEN — A spring tea will be held at 2 p.m. in the contemporary sanctuary room at the State Road United Methodist Church, 6738 Daugherty Run Road. The topic is “Forgiveness and it all started at the Cross” with guest speaker Laurie King from Mountain View Church. For more information, call Karen at 570-322-3682.
Barbecue chicken dinner
TROUT RUN — Trout Run United Methodist Church, 78 Creamery St., will hold a chicken barbecue from 4-6:30 p.m. Cost is $9 for adults, $4 for children 9 and under.
Ham dinner slated
MAINESBURG — Mainesburg United Methodist Church, 100 Smith Park Road, 6 miles east of Mansfield on Route 6, will hold a ham dinner from 4:30-6:30 p.m. Cost is $10 for adults and $5 for children under 12.
CEF spring banquet set
WELLSBORO — Child Evangelism Fellowship will hold its spring banquet at 6 p.m. at the Wellsboro Fireman’s Annex. A ham dinner will be served with a free-will offering taken. Dr. Jeffrey Davis, director of Development for CEF of Eastern PA, will speak on “Children of the Bible.”
Meal packing volunteers needed
St. Mark’s Lutheran Church, 142 Market St., in partnership with Outreach Inc., is seeking volunteers to help pack 20,000 meals to help address food insecurity in Lycoming and Clinton counties. This event is from 10 a.m.-noon in the fellowship hall and a minimum of 120 volunteers are needed over the course of the event. To register, contact Michele Owen at firstname.lastname@example.org or by call 570-323-4619.
Victorian tea slated
Trinity Episcopal Church, 844 W. Fourth St. will hold a Victorian tea at 2 p.m. A $15 donation includes tea, sandwiches and traditional British sweets. A presentation on vintage hats will be included. Fanciful attire is encouraged. Ticket auction and door prizes, too. Seated is limited. For tickets, call the church at 570-322-0126.