Shootings have police working lots of overtime

Two shootings in less than three days have made many residents fearful for their safety, but Williamsport police say they are working around the clock, trying to find those responsible for the violence.

An unidentified man was struck by gunfire inside a house in the 600 block of Spruce Street in the city at about 10:30 p.m. Saturday.

The man received treatment for his non-life-threatening injuries at Williamsport Regional Medical Center, according to police.

“The details on this investigation are still very vague,” said city police Capt. Timothy Miller.

In the late afternoon on Jan. 9, an unknown assailant gunned down Terell H. Henderson-Littles, 21.

The young man, who was a student at Pennsylvania College of Technology, died on an unnamed alley near the campus.

No one has been taken into custody in connection with either shooting, and both investigations remain ongoing.

“We’re still sorting through information, tracking down sources and following up on leads,” Miller said.

Police have yet to determine if there is a connection between the two shootings but stated that neither is thought to be a random act.

“Right now there’s nothing in my possession that would link the two cases. But any time you have two shootings, which take place so close together, it’s going to raise our suspicions,” Miller said. “At this time there’s no concrete evidence tying them together.”

A woman was stabbed in the 500 block of Rural Avenue on Sunday evening. She was treated for her injuries at Williamsport Regional Medical Center.

“No information about the stabbing was brought to my desk. Her injuries were not of the severity necessary to raise it to that level,” said Miller, who works in the Criminal Investigation Unit.

Suspicion was raised when a gun was reported as being found within the city on Saturday. However, Miller said there is no evidence that connects the gun with any crime.

“It appears to be the property of a legal gun owner who left his vehicle unlocked. Right now it looks like someone opened the vehicle and removed several objects but left the gun behind,” Miller said.

Those with any information regarding the two shooting cases are asked to contact city police.