Woman held for court on charges she aided suspect in fatal shooting

Wearing her Lycoming County Prison uniform, 28-year-old Erica Nicole Lambert shook her head several times Tuesday afternoon as she quietly listened to testimony from city police officers who implicated her in helping an alleged killer – her boyfriend – flee the area following a fatal shooting.

Lambert did not testify at the hearing, but from watching her head motions it appeared that she did not agree with what some of the officers said on the stand.

Following the 45-minute hearing, District Judge James Carn ruled there was sufficient evidence to hold Lambert, of 2100 Lincoln Drive, on charges of hindering apprehension, false reports to law enforcement and tampering with evidence.

She is alleged to have helped 32-year-old Rashawn Jeffrey Williams escape the city during the early morning hours of June 1 after Williams allegedly shot Aaron Coty Lowry, 30, of Maxton, North Carolina, in the 400 block of West Third Street.

Testifying at the hearing were Agents Kevin Stiles and Raymond O. Kontz III, along with Sgt. Fred Miller.

Stiles testified that witnesses reported seeing Williams drive away from the shooting scene in Lambert’s Buick LaCrosse.

A little more than three hours after the 2:40 a..m. shooting, Stiles testified, store video at the Sheetz outside Selinsgrove recorded Lambert and Williams, 32, of Philadelphia, pulling into the lot and getting gas.

Lambert gets out and puts the pump’s nozzle in the tank, Stiles said. While Lambert goes into the store, Williams is seen removing the nozzle, the investigator said.

Cellphone records indicated that Lambert and Williams called one another on their cellphones five times within an hour shortly after the shooting, Stiles said.

No evidence was presented that proved Lambert knew Williams was involved in the shooting.

Lambert later told investigators she had no contact with Williams after 4 a.m. on the morning of the shooting and that she had shut off her cellphone at that time.

“She told investigators that she had received calls about the shooting, but didn’t know if Williams was involved. She didn’t want to receive any more calls, so she turned off her phone,” Kontz testified.

Three days after the shooting, Lambert came to police headquarters to report that her car was stolen. She said her boyfriend, Williams, took it without her permission, Sgt. Miller testified.

“She said her boyfriend took it across state lines. She also said that her boyfriend was a suspect in the shooting,” Miller said.

In court papers, investigators allege Lambert transported Williams to Danville, Virginia., where Lambert’s car was recovered abandond later on June 1. However, no evidence was presented at the hearing that places Lambert with Williams except at the Sheetz store.

Williams was taken into custody in High Point, North Carolina on June 6. He faces homicide and related offenses and is being extradicted back to this area.

At the end of the hearing, Lambert’s defense attorney petitioned the judge to reduce her bail. but Carn was unmoved and returned her to jail in lieu of $200,000 bail.