Safely discard unused, expired medications
One of the easiest ways for an addict to feed their addiction is by stealing from someone’s medicine cabinets, Project Bald Eagle’s Executive Director Steve Shope said. Why take the risk by holding onto outdated or unused prescription drugs?
Following is a list of MedReturn drop-off sites, where people can anonymously and safely get rid of prescriptions:
• Williamsport Bureau of Police, 245 W. Fourth St.
• Lycoming County Sheriff’s Office, 48 W. Third St.
• Old Lycoming Township Police Dept., 1951 Green Ave., Suite 2
• Tiadaghton Valley Regional Police Dept., 129 S. Pennsylvania Ave., Jersey Shore
• Williamsport Regional Medical Center Pharmacy, 700 High St.
• Hughesville Police Dept., 147 S. Fifth St., Hughesville
• Montoursville Police Dept., 617 N. Loyalsock Ave., Montoursville
• South Williamsport Police Dept., 329 W. Souther Ave., South Williamsport
• Muncy Borough Police Dept., 14 N. Washington St., Muncy
• Divine Providence Hospital Health Services Pharmacy, 1100 Grampian Boulevard
Prescription and over-the-counter solid medications, tablets and capsules, liquid medications, inhalers, creams, ointments, nasal sprays and pet medicines all are accepted. Only intravenous solutions, injections and needles are not accepted.