LEGISLATIVE TALLY: Congressmen favor renewing brownfields act
Locally elected and appointed officials voted on the following matters in the past week:
• The House voted 409-8 to approve the Brownfields Enhancement, Economic Redevelopment, and Reauthorization Act. Voting yes were U.S. Reps. Tom Marino, R-Cogan Station and Glenn “G.T.” Thompson, R-Howard.
• The Senate and House were out of session.
• The Lycoming County commissioners voted 3-0 to initiate a bond of up to $11 million for the construction of Field 12 at the county landfill. Voting “yes” were commissioners Mussare, Rick Mirabito and Jack McKernan.
• Williamsport Municipal Water and Sanitary Authority voted 10-0 to accept the resignation of Douglas Keith as executive director and name Wendy Walter as interim executive director. Voting were Chairman Steven W. Cappelli, William E. Nichols Sr., Bill Ertel, Johnny Meyer, Cindi Perry Rischar, Andree’ Phillips, Eiderson Dean, Thomas Marnon Jr., Gregory Zeitler and George Bierman.
• The Loyalsock Township supervisors voted 5-0 to approve an ordinance that allows extra signage prohibiting commercial trucks from driving down side streets adjacent to East Third Street. Voting were Marc Sortman, Virginia Eaton, Rick Wheeland, Paul Nyman and John Bower Jr.