Candidate list set for seats in state House
The list of candidates for Republican and Democratic spots on the primary ballot is now set.
The deadline for filing nominating petitions for local and state offices was Monday.
With the state Supreme Court order requiring a new congressional redistricting plan, petition filing for U.S. House candidates has been moved back from March 6 to March 20.
The 23rd state Senate seat held by Gene Yaw, R-Loyalsock Township, is not up for election this year. Only even-numbered Senate seats will be contested.
Candidates seeking nomination in the spring primary for the following state House seats are:
83rd Legislative District
• Airneezer J. Page-Delahaye, Democrat
• Jeff C. Wheeland, Republican
84th Legislative District
• Linda Kay Sosniak, Democrat
• Garth Everett, Republican
68th Legislative District
• Carrie L. Heath, Democrat
• Clinton Dennis Owlett, Republican
• Mark C. Hamilton, Republican
• Dennis Weaver, Republican