City school board makes personnel changes
The Williamsport Area School Board unanimously approved personnel changes during its meeting on Tuesday.
The board approved the hiring of the following individuals:
• Scott R. Williams as the district’s full-time supervising manager of Pupil Transportation, $50,000 salary with an additional annual stipend of $1,500 for responsibilities related to inclement weather and transportation decisions.
• Kevin A. Pletz as a part-time high school equipment manager, $12.75 per hour.
• Kayla M. Ham as a part-time aide, $13 an hour at five hours per day up to 185 days per year.
• Arika J. Stopper as a spring varsity softball assistant, $2,240.
• John C. Weaver for work on the high school’s drama production, $1,329.
• Sandra L. Bodle as a substitute administration support aide, $9 per hour up to a maximum of 180 days.
• John P. Czap, of 1303 E. Third St., as the school dentist for the 2017-18 school year with costs per dental inspection of $6 per student.
In other business, the board also voted unanimously to approve a leave of absence for district technology director Jeremy S. Loveland for 20 days for military leave beginning later this month.
“You just approved a leave of absence for our technology director. Jeremy will be going overseas for a bit to help our country,” said Dr. Timothy Bowers, superintendent. “We wish you luck on that trip over to Italy … to do a technology project, much like the one we implemented here but on a much larger scale. Thank you for serving your country and good luck.”
The board also approved a change order from Larson Design Group to provide plans, details and specifications for the replacement of the east side stairs, ramp and railings for the Stevens Primary School’s entrance improvement project at a cost of $8,800.
The board also voted to move the April 3 board meeting to April 10 instead.
Voting yes on the aforementioned items were members Patrick Dixon, Lori Baer, Jerene Milliken, Jennifer Lake, Dr. Jane Penman, Dr. Nancy Story Somers, Spencer Sweeting and Adam Welteroth. Member Marc Schefsky was absent.
The next meeting will be 6 p.m. March 20 at the District Service Center, 2780 W. Fourth St.