Police: Woman ran over boyfriend twice with car after argument

TROUT RUN — Before Fallon Davis allegedly killed her boyfriend, Luke A. Beatty, by twice running over him with her car in his driveway on Route 14 early Saturday morning, the two “argued about their relationship, specifically Davis liking other men,” according to state police.

The death followed an evening in which Davis, 21, of Morris, and Beatty, 25, “visited several drinking establishments in Williamsport. During that time the two met up with Vanessa Lorson and Jason Garg, and had drinks with them,” Trooper Daniel Switzer wrote in an affidavit.

While in the company of Lorson and Garg, Beatty and Davis reportedly began arguing with one another about their own relationship, Switzer said.

After the two couples split up and headed home, Davis placed a cellphone call to Lorson about 1:45 a.m. Saturday telling her that “Beatty was chasing her with a shovel” and that she wanted Lorson to come get her at his home, Switzer said.

Lorson, along with Garg, headed to the house at 4736 Route 14, and when they arrived at 2:10 a.m., they found Davis sitting in her Volkswagen GTI at the end of Beatty’s 100-yard driveway, Switzer said.

Clad only in her underwear and a bra, Davis, holding a black hoodie, got out of the car and started walking up the driveway, Switzer said investigators were told.

As Lorson followed her, she saw Beatty’s lifeless body in the driveway, Switzer said, adding that since Beatty was unresponsive, Lorson bolted to the house “to call 911, but she could not find the phone,” the investigator said.

Davis returned to her car and drove it back up the driveway to the house with Garg following her.

As she approached Beatty’s body, Davis got out of her car and began to cry as she cradled Beatty in her arms, Switzer said police were told.

“Davis began to make numerous suicidal comments and informed Lorson and Garg that she did not do anything, and could not believe that Beatty would kill himself,” Switzer said. After Lorson called 911 about 2:15 a.m., “Davis entered the house and put on a pair of shorts and a T-shirt,” the trooper added.

When troopers and emergency medical technicians arrived on the scene, Beatty already was dead, police said.

Evidence from the scene “clearly indicated that Davis drove her vehicle with the victim standing in front of her. The car made contact with the victim in the lower leg area (throwing him) forward onto the hood before he was run over,” Switzer said.

“Davis then accelerated, but she could not get (the car) over the body, and therefore backed up over the victim a second time,” Switzer said.

Davis then put the car in drive and “intentionally drove around the victim and stopped at the end of the driveway,” where she waited for Lorson and Garg.

During questioning at the Montoursville barracks, Davis said all she wanted to do was “to get away from Beatty. She thought Beatty had thrown a stick or a block under her car to stop her,” Switzer said.

Davis said when the car stopped, her wheels spun so she put the vehicle in reverse and accidentally struck a camper.

“Davis claimed she never saw Beatty in front of her and did not know she drove over him. Davis stated she got out of the car twice and looked under it, but did not see anything,” Switzer said.

Reached Tuesday night, Lycoming County County Coroner Charles E. Kiessling Jr. said Beatty died of multiple blunt force trauma injuries.

Davis remains behind bars at the Lycoming County Prison without bail on charges of murder of the third degree, involuntary manslaughter and related offenses.