Cold front to drive week’s temperatures down

MARK NANCE/Sun-Gazette Catherine Hittle, 9, daughgter of Clinton and Elizabeth Hittle of Trouth Run celebrates after hanging her two golf balls on the rung in Ladder Golf during the Montoursville Kiwanis Fall Festival at Indian Park Saturday. Ladder Golf is a fundraiser by the Montoursville Lioness Club. The event included, food, fun and games for children, live entertainment, and fireworks.

A string of wet, cooler weather is continuing into this week, but an incoming cold front is expected to bring drier weather by Wednesday.

Sunshine this morning will turn into showers by the end of the night, according to Craig Evanego, of the National Weather Service in State College, and could continue onward into the rest of the week.

“It starts off how it’s seemed all summer … kind of unsettled,” Evanego said. “Some improvement by the second half once we get a front through Wednesday evening.”

Today is looking to hit highs in the upper 60s and will have a 20 percent chance of rain until later in the night, which will have an 80 percent chance of rain, dropping the temperatures into the upper 50s.

Tuesday could be warmer and is predicted to jump into the upper 70s, but with that warm weather could be some thunder, Evanego said.

Temperatures will drop again by about 10 degrees into Tuesday night.

By Wednesday afternoon, which is expected to reach the mid 70s, the rain should part for the most part with the Northern cold front moving into the area.

“Thursday and Friday should be partly sunny. Highs will be upper 60s for Thursday and around 70 on Friday,” Evanego said.

There still could be the chance for stray showers leading into the weekend, but Saturday also looks drier with highs again in the mid 60s.

“Temperature wise it will feel more like fall this week,” he said. “After the front goes through, the later part of the week should be nicer.”

COMMENTS