State amphibian, part-time county position among votes
From Staff Reports
Locally elected and appointed officials voted on the following matters in the past week:
• The Senate and House were out of session.
• The Senate was out of session.
• The House voted 191-6 on a measure to designate the Eastern Hellbender as the first official “State Amphibian” of Pennsylvania. State Reps. Garth Everett, R-Muncy, and Jeff Wheeland, R-Loyalsock Township, voted yes.
• The Lycoming County commissioners unanimously created a new temporary part-time position in the planning department to be filled by Kurt Hausammann Jr. at $50 per hour, not to exceed 1,000 hours annually. Hausammann will retire from his position as planning director May 3 and return in the part-time capacity May 6 to help with special projects and train the incoming director, who is yet to be named.
The commissioners also reclassified the assistant transportation planner position to transportation planner with a pay increase. The position is funded by the state Department of Transportation. Voting were Jack McKernan, Tony Mussare and Rick Mirabito.
• The Williamsport Area School Board voted to support bills in the state Legislature dealing with cyber charter school funding.