Ann Fletcher Sides Bishop
Ann Fletcher Sides Bishop died Oct. 21, 2016, at her residence in Nashville, Tenn. Born Sept. 6, 1932, to Robert and Ellin Sides, of Williamsport, she was graduated from Williamsport High School and Bucknell University.
She married Dr. Eugene L. Bishop Jr. in 1956 in Philadelphia. After a year in Los Angeles, they settled in his home of Nashville, where they raised their family. She was very active in producing water shows and community theater musicals, and was a founding member of Pro Musica community chorus. As a volunteer for the Tennessee Performing Arts Foundation, she managed their artists in residence tours and ran a film series. She was named a Volunteer Activist and was a member the class of 1977 of Leadership Nashville. She operated several businesses until her retirement in 2004. She was an active member of the Church of the Resurrection in Williamson County. Following a move to Blakeford at Green Hills, she moved her membership to nearby St. Bartholomew’s Episcopal Church where she sang with their Chamber Singers.
She is survived by her brother, Hugh “Pete” (Carol) Sides, in Williamsport; sons, Michael (TI) Bishop, Andrew (Jan) Bishop and daughter Julia Graves, all of Nashville; son Christopher Bishop (Eden), of Knoxville, Tenn.; eight grandchildren and six great-grandchildren.
A service followed by a reception will be held at The Blakeford at Green Hills on Nov. 26, 2016, at 2 p.m. and a reception to follow.
In lieu of flowers, memorial gifts may be made to Alive Hospice or Blakeford’s Employee Appreciation Fund.