Sally Parrish Hager
A Michigan native, Mrs. Henry G. Hager, formerly Sally Ann Parrish, was born in Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan, the daughter of Eva Stokes Parrish and James S. Parrish Jr., now deceased.
Sally was valedictorian at her eighth grade graduation from Hulbert School, as were her two brothers before her.
After four years at St. Anne’s School (now St. Anne’s-Belfield) in Charlottesville, Virginia, she was graduated in 1954. She received her A.B. degree in mathematics from Hollins College, Roanoke, Virginia in 1958.
She and her husband, Senator Henry G. Hager III, were married in 1958 and lived in Williamsport for twenty-seven years. During that time she was active in the Junior League, served on the boards of the Lycoming County S.P.C.A. and the Williamsport Home, a non-profit organization for the elderly.
Among her past community services were the Heart Fund, United Way, American Cancer Society, Multiple Sclerosis Society and the American Red Cross as a trained disaster case worker during both Hurricanes Agnes and Eloise.
When her husband retired from the Pennsylvania State Senate in 1984, they moved to the Philadelphia area.
An avid golfer, Mrs. Hager was a member of the Merion Golf Club in Ardmore, Pennsylvania and held several positions there including two consecutive years as Chair of the Merion Women’s Golf Association.
Upon his retirement, the Hagers moved to Fort Myers, Florida where she lived until her death at Fiddlesticks Country Club.
She is survived by her husband of 59 years, Henry G. Hager III; daughters, Hannah Hager Davis (Eric), of Jamesville, New York and Eleanor Hager Temelini (David), of Roslindale, Massachusetts; her grandchildren, Ariana, Kaya and Charles Temelini; and her brothers, James S. Parrish III and Charles C. Parrish.
In lieu of flowers, the family requests contributions to “the Inasmuch Fund” at St. Anne’s-Belfield School in Charlottesville, Virginia or to Hollins University in Roanoke, Virginia.
Submitted by family.