All these local politicians running for public office are wondering why the great city of Williamsport is always short of money to do some of the things like repairing streets and fixing up the parks.
Let’s review some reasons:
1. City officials are always trying to spend more money than what they take in.
2. The city took 105 houses off the tax roll to make expansions to the hospital.
3. The hospital pays no taxes.
4. The colleges pay no taxes.
5. New businesses pay no taxes for at least 10 years.
6. People on welfare pay no taxes.
So that leave us elderly people on fixed incomes to pick up the slack. Unfair!