Sign In | Create an Account | Welcome, . My Account | Logout | Subscribe | Submit News | Newspaper contacts | All Access E-Edition | Home RSS

Flags and graves

June 21, 2013

A flag proudly waves over my veteran son of Vietnam’s grave. Not so, my husband. He gave the best years of his life in World War II and had a shoulder wound which hampered him....

« Back to Article

sort: oldest | newest




Jun-21-13 6:07 AM

have you visited your State Senator and Rep? They might be a help. I hope so and keep up the fight! He deserves it.

8 Agrees | 0 Disagrees | Report Abuse »


Jun-21-13 9:59 AM

Mrs. Stackhouse, I work for the DAV and I have gotten requests for military records that were destroyed.

The NPRC can reconstruct your husbands records for you, you have to make a request for his military records by sending a letter and make sure your signature is on it.

You can download a Standard form 180 from their website, or send the request by mail to;

National Personnel Records Center, (Military Personnel Records) 9700 Page Ave. St. Louis, MO 61332-5100

Good luck it usually takes anywhere from 30 days to 3 months for a reply.

8 Agrees | 0 Disagrees | Report Abuse »

Showing 2 of 2 comments

Post a Comment

You must first login before you can comment.

*Your email address:
Remember my email address.


I am looking for:
News, Blogs & Events Web