Mr. and Mrs. Charles A. Jones, South Williamsport, will observe their 50th wedding anniversary June 24, 2011.
They were married by the Rev. Elmer Clouser at Mackeyville Methodist Church. They are longtime members of Messiah Lutheran Church, South Williamsport.
Mrs. Jones, the former Eleanor J. Smith, is a native of Euclid, Ohio. She graduated from Mill Hall High School and received a bachelor's degree from the former Lock Haven State College, now a university, in 1956. She was employed as a public school teacher and later as the instructor at Messiah's church-operated preschool.
Mr. Jones is a native of South Williamsport. He graduated from South Williamsport High School in 1949 and attended Lycoming College and the former Williamsport Area Community College, now Pennsylvania College of Technology. He served in the Air Force, stationed in Europe and North Africa, during the Korean War. He was employed as a field engineer for the Williamsport office of the former National Cash Register Co., now NCR. He retired in 1992.
They are the parents of a daughter, Barbara Nichols, Hershey, and two sons, Thomas A., Bethlehem, and Mark E., Kingston. There is one grandson.
In honor of their anniversary, a celebration is being planned for later this month in State College. They also plan to spend time at the Nature Inn, Bald Eagle.