A few cooler days will start off the last week of June before temperatures pick up to close out the month.
This morning brings a 60-percent chance of rain before 8 and showers could continue before tapering off by the afternoon, said Joe Ceru, a meteorologist for the National Weather Service in State College.
Not much rain is expected, about 0.1 percent of an inch, unless any thunderstorms form, which is unlikely.
"They're possible," Ceru said. "Less likely."
A high of 74 degrees is expected today, with a low tonight around 54 degrees.
There is a slight - 20 percent - chance of overnight showers.
Tuesday's forecast high is 75 and the low 54.
Wednesday warms to 77 degrees and a low of 57 degrees is forecast.
The cooler temperatures are a result of a cold front moving through the area. The front is keeping the skies slightly cloudy with high clouds, which reduces daytime temperatures, Ceru said.
The average temperature for the last week of June in Williamsport is around 82 or 83 degrees, he said.
On Thursday, the high will surpass the average temperature by reaching 85 degrees and a low of 64 degrees.
Friday will continue to grow warmer with a high of 91 degrees and a low of 69 degrees.
On Saturday, the temperature will drop slightly for a high of 88 degrees and a low of 65 degrees.
There is a chance of showers Friday, Friday night and Saturday, making for a possibly wet start to the weekend.
"There's a 30 percent chance," Ceru said. "That's a 70 percent chance it won't happen."
Last week's hot weather never received a heat wave status. To have a heat wave, an area must have a temperature of 90 degrees or greater for three days. Only Wednesday and Thursday of last week had temperatures that high.
"We had very, very, very warm temperatures," Ceru said. "And hot."
June has been a wetter month than the average with 3.53 inches of precipitation, more than half an inch above the normal 3 inches.
So far this year, the area has received 15.37 inches precipitation. The average precipitation for the area is 17.91 inches.
However, the few inches of rain does not pose a drought threat, Ceru said.