Last week's house fire on Memorial Avenue that displaced a family of seven was caused by two juveniles playing with a lighter, city Fire Chief C. Dean Heinbach said.
The fire at Gary and Jane Dantanio's home at 1162 Memorial Ave. on July 5 started in a bedroom closet and caused $75,000 in damage, Heinbach said.
The couple, their adult daughter and her four children are all staying with relatives, he added.
Concerning another investigation, a fire that destroyed a parked 2004 Ford Mustang at the Mid-town parking deck, 144 W. Third St., about 4:50 a.m. on June 28 was intentionally set, Heinbach said. The vehicle was owned by Vincent Cahill IV, of Milton.