Pet photo contest
FORKSVILLE - The Sullivan County Fair is once again sponsoring a pet photo contest. The contest is open to all ages and all types of pets.
Winners will be determined by popular vote. There is no entry fee and all money raised during the voting process will be donated to the Sullivan County 4-H program fund. So find that perfect photo that captures your pet's personality and bring it to the Sullivan County Fair.
Contest guidelines are as follows:
1. Photos must be no larger than 5 x 8 and must be framed or matted and able to stand.
2. Owner's name, address and phone number should be on the back of the framed or matted photo.
3. Photos will be on display at the 4-H building during the week of the fair.
4. The pet photo that receives the most votes (one cent equals one vote) will be the winner.
5. Prizes will be awarded to the top four.
6. Photos should be brought to the fair office before 9 p.m. Aug. 27. Photos can be picked up at 3 p.m. on Sept. 2.
Call Jody Lambert, fair secretary, at 924-3843 for more information or visit www.sullivancountyfair.com.
The Sullivan County Fair is Aug. 28 to Sept. 2 in Forksville.
Kindergarten orientation to be held in Jersey Shore
Kindergarten orientation will be held from 1 to 3 p.m. Wednesday at Jersey Shore Area Middle School.
The theme is "Wild About Kindergarten." Incoming kindergarten students and their parents will meet their kindergarten teachers as well as other important staff members such as building principals, nursing staff and itinerant teachers from music, art and physical education.
Students and parents will have an opportunity to visit several informational stations such as Title 1 Reading, PTO, math and literacy. Each child will receive a pencil box and collect items from each station such as pencils, scissors and crayons to take home.
Students also will visit the cafeteria for a healthy snack and learn about healthy lunch choices provided by Nutrition Inc. They will have an opportunity to learn safety rules on the school bus with a quick trip around the block. Bus transportation will be provided by Marden's.