Mayor and former MLB catcher to work together in charity tournament
MILTON - Mayor Campana and Ed Ott, catcher for the 1979 world champion Pittsburgh Pirates, will be working together in a charity golf tournament that will be held at 1 p.m. Sept. 20 at Wynding Brook Golf course.
Proceeds will benefit homeless veterans.
For more information, call tournament coordinator Tim Grieco at 337-1903.
Warrior Run Library to hold events
McEWENSVILLE - The Montgomery House Warrior Run Area Public Library, 20 Church St., will hold the following events:
- 11 a.m. Tuesday - "Music Together" class. For children from birth through kindergarten. Parents and caregivers welcome.
- 6:30 p.m. Sept. 5 - Board meeting.
- 6:30 p.m. Sept. 5 - Quilters group meeting.
- 1 p.m. Sept. 10 - Free e-books workshop for iPad and Android devices. Registration required.
- 7 p.m. Sept. 10 - Book discussion group meeting. The book selection for this month is "People of the Book" by Geraldine Brooks.
- 11 a.m. Sept. 11 - Preschool story time.
- 5 to 7 p.m. - "Reach Out and Touch Someone" Skype program. Registration required.
- 6 p.m. Sept. 12 - Free e-books workshop for iPad and Android devices. Registration required.
- 6:30 p.m. Sept. 12 - Quilters group meeting.
For more information, call the library at 538-1381, email at email@example.com or visit www.montgomeryhouse library.org.
Bald Eagle Art League to host artist
The Bald Eagle Art League will host Lynn Yancha A.W.S. at 7 p.m. Sept. 5 at the Taber Museum, 858 W. Fourth St.
Yancha will demonstrate her watercolor technique and show finished examples of her work. She will take questions following her demonstration.
DeFeet Diabetes walk to be held
LOCK HAVEN - The Order of the Amaranth, Tiadaghton Court 136 and Dunnstown Fire Co. Station 5 are sponsoring the DeFeet Diabetes Walk from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sept. 7 at River View Park, 86 Riverside Terrace.
Registration begins at 10 a.m. The Walk begins at 11 a.m. There will be a chicken barbecue, basket raffle, craft vendors, bake sale table and duck pond. For more information and vendor registration contact Peggi Baker at 295-4997 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
W.B. Konkle Memorial Library book sale
The friends of W.B. Konkle Memorial Library will sponsor their semi-annual used book sale from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Sept. 7 at the library, 384 Broad St.
Hardback and paperback books for all ages will be available for purchase.