Electric train show
The Whistle Stop train show will hold its electric train show and sale from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Dec. 1 at Woodward Fire Hall, Route 220.
The show will feature more than 100 tables with new and used Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, Ives, H-O and L.G.B. models for sale. There will be other train-related merchandise for sale and a meet and greet with Bill the railroad conductor.
There is a fee for admission for adults. Children under 12 get in for free.
For more information, visit www.track2.com/pa.
LITTLE MARSH - A hunter's dinner will be held from noon to 2 p.m. Dec. 1 at Little Marsh Fire Hall, 1575 Blair Creek Road.
There will be a fee to benefit Chatham Township Volunteer Fire Company. The public is welcome.
Hospital to hold events
The Divine Providence Hospital Auxiliary will sponsor the following events during the month of December:
- 6 to 8 p.m. Dec. 1 - "Lights of Love" ceremonial lighting honoring loved ones.
- 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Dec. 3 - Arbonne product sale. Proceeds to benefit patient services.
- 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Dec. 18 "In the Bag" handbag sale. Proceeds to benefit patient services.
to be held
The first "Hunter's Breakfast" will be held beginning at 4 a.m. Dec. 2 at The Royal P. Steinbacher American Legion Post 0617, 901 S. Market St.
The breakfast is open to the public and will be buffet style. Guests should bring a thermos to fill.
Library to hold events
MUNCY - The Muncy Public Library, 108 S. Main St., will hold the following events:
- 6 to 8 p.m. Dec. 2 - Wreath-making program. Material fee. Registration required.
- 10:30 to 11:15 a.m. Dec. 4, 11 and 18 - Preschool story time for children age 3 to 6. Registration required.
- 10 to 10:45 a.m. Dec. 6, 13 and 20 - Toddler Tales for children age 12 months to 3 years. Registration required.
- 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Dec. 12 - Book signing by local author Rosemary D. Neidig for her book "Every Two Minutes: One Woman's Healing Journey through Sexual Traumas."
- 1 to 2 p.m. Dec. 14 - "Sights, Sounds and Musical Connections" with Grammy nominee Lester Hirsh.
Registration required. To register for events, call the library at 570-546-5014.
CareerLink to host workshops
PA CareerLink Lycoming County, 329 Pine St., will hold the following workshops during the month of December:
- 9 to 11 a.m., CareerLink orientation.
- 9:30 to 11 a.m., WIA orientation.
- 9:30 a.m. to noon, Job search techniques/goal setting.
- 12:30 to 2:30 p.m., Application tips/online applications.
- 9:30 to 11 a.m., Job club.
- 9:30 a.m. to noon, Developing a resume.
- 12:30 to 3 p.m., Aptitudes and interests.
- 9:30 a.m. to noon, Interview techniques.
- 12:30 to 2:30 p.m., Mock interviews.
- 3 to 4 p.m., WordKeys practice lab.
- 9:30 to 11 a.m., Job club.
- 9:30 a.m. to noon, Cover letters and cover letter lab.
- 12:30 to 2:30 p.m., Resume lab.
- 3 to 4:30 p.m., CareerLink orientation.
- 9:30 a.m. to noon Dec. 6 and Dec. 27, Microsoft Word.
- 9:30 to noon Dec. 13, Intro to Computer.
- 9:30 to noon Dec. 20, Microsoft Excel.
- 12:30 to 3 p.m., WordKeys orientation.
- 3 to 4:30 Dec. 13, PowerPoint.
- 2 to 3:30 p.m. Dec. 20, Civil Service Workshop.
All workshops are free and open to the public. Those interested must register for courses. To register, call 570-601-5456 or 570-601-1754, email email@example.com, sign up online at www.cwds.state.pa.us or sign up in person at the CareerLink office.