LEWISBURG - The Dale/Engle/Walker House, 1471 Strawbridge Road, will be open for tours from 2 to 4 p.m. today.
House tours start at 2, with the last tour at 3:30.
Visitors also can see the wagon shed, filled with local horse-drawn vehicles and tools that typically were stored in such a building explained in interpretive panels, and hear interesting audios done by a member of the Engle family.
An exhibit of Union County tools used or made by Union County blacksmiths, tinsmiths and roofers, wooden pump borers, plane makers, quiltmakers, dressmakers and grist miller operators has been assembled.
A second exhibit focuses on learning - formally, at school; by example, as in traditions such as apple butter making, butchering and barn raising; or alone, by oneself through media - are featured at the 1793 Dale/Engle/Walker House.
One-room schools were scattered throughout the county, roughly 2 miles apart, and there were larger institutions such as the Union Seminary, later called Central College in New Berlin, and Bucknell University in Lewisburg.
The property is 1 1/2 miles west on Route 192 and also is the site of the Dale's Ridge Trail that is operated by the Merrill W. Linn Land and Waterways Conservancy.