Multiple roads closed by flooding in Lycoming and Sullivan counties
There are multiple road closures this morning due to flooding in Lycoming and Sullivan counties, according to the state Department of Transportation.
The following is the 8 a.m. list of closures.
- Route 973 between Lycoming Creek Road in Hepburn Township and Northway Road in Eldred Township.
- Route 1003 (Wallis Run Road) between Route 973 in Eldred Township and Wallis Run Road in Cascade Township.
- Route 1004 (Southard Road/Beech Valley Road/Field Station Road) between Route 14 in Lewis Township and Wallis Run Road in Gamble Township.
- Route 1005 (Lower Barbours Road/Hoppestown Road/Proctor Road) between Dunwoody Road/Barbours Cemetery Road) in Plunketts Creek Township and the Sullivan County line.
- Route 1006 (Slacks Run Road/Kellysburg Road/Wallis Run Road) between Route 14 in Lewis Township and Flanagan Hill Road in Cascade Township.
- Route 2023 (Market Street/Bloomingrove Road) between Northway Road and Route 973 in Hepburn Township.
- Route 2024 (Northway Road Extension) between Northway Road and Poco Farm Road in Loyalsock Township.
- Route 2029 (Northway Road) between Four Mile Drive in Loyalsock Township and Route 973 in Eldred Township.
- Route 2031 (Fairview Road/Palmer Hill Road) in Loyalsock Township.
- Route 2039 (Warrensville Road) between Route 973 in Eldred Township and Lick Run Road in Loyalsock Township.
- Route 87 between Nortons Road and Elk Creek Road in Hillsgrove
- Route 4010 (Hoppestown Road) between the Lycoming County line and Route 87 in Hillsgrove.
PennDOT is assessing the situation throughout the impacted area. Motorists should be alert and watch for standing water on roadways throughout the area. They should never attempt to drive through flooded roadways.