Local roundup: Loudon Boring records hat trick in Muncy’s boys soccer win
Loudon Boring recorded a hat trick to propel Muncy to a 3-0 win against Troy in boys soccer on Monday afternoon. Bode Hart had two assists and James Walters added an assist.
Carter Lilley scored the game-winning goal in the 77th minute as Milton defeated Mifflinburg, 2-1. Seth Yoder scored the game’s opening goal in the 23rd minute before Mifflinburg tied it up early in the second half. Dom Ballo had two assists for the Black Panthers.
Hayden Swinehart scored six goals in South Williamsport’s 7-0 victory over Sullivan County. Gabe Harvey, Evan Ogden, Caleb Jackson, Ethan Kuriga, Kayvan Shams and Alex Neidig all had an assist.
Lewisburg blanked Central Mountain, 6-0. Alfred Romano had a hat trick and Philip Permyashkin had two assists. Tony Burns and Henry Harrison combined in goal for the shutout.
Warrior Run scored five first-half goals in a 7-2 win against Shamokin. Defensively, the Defenders limited the Indians to just three shots on goal.
Wyatt Fry scored twice in the first half as Montoursville defeated Hughesville, 3-1. Mike Finnegan scored off an assist by Eli Edkin for Hughesville with 8:39 to play which cut the deficit to 2-1, but Fry scored just 26 seconds later to make it a two-goal lead.
Nick Bellomo scored twice, and Connor Cornelius had three assists come off set pieces as Jersey Shore defeated Williamsport, 4-1.
Montgomery defeated North Penn-Liberty, 2-0, as Gabe McNear scored both of the Red Raiders’ goals. Freshman goalie Landyn Rine had four saves in his first varsity victory. It was also the program’s first shutout since 2015 after reinstating the program last year.
• Brynna Zentner scored the game’s only goal in Bloomsburg’s 1-0 win over Warrior Run in girls soccer. The Defenders had seven shots on goal.
• In men’s tennis, Lycoming won five singles matches in an 8-1 victory over Albright in conference play. Nathan Redell and Casey Haas swept their opponents in singles, and so did Nathan Redell and Cody Greenaway in doubles.
• In women’s tennis, Lycoming finished its fall season with a 7-2 win over Albright. Emily Engelhardt rallied back from a 5-7 loss in the first set of No. 6 singles and took the following two sets, 6-3 and 10-8 respectively.
• The Mansfield University women’s soccer team fell, 2-0, to Shepherd University at home. The Mounties (1-8-2, 0-7-2 PSAC East) outshot the Rams (2-6-1, 1-6-1 PSAC East), 14-12, but were unable to find the back of the net.
• Ian Plankenhorn, a placekicker out of Montoursville, was named the MAC special teams Player of the Week for the Lycoming football team. Plankenhorn went 3 for 3 in field goal attempts from 37, 25 and 23 yards out. He also made all five of his PATs in a 44-16 conference win over Misericordia. Along with the 14 points Plankenhorn contributed for the Warriors, he also kicked five touchbacks on nine kickoffs.
• After throwing and rushing for over 200 yards on Saturday, freshman Cahsid Raymond was named Collegiate Sprint Football League Offensive Player of the Week for the third time this season and Rookie of the Week for the fourth straight week. Raymond willed the Mounties to a thrilling 35-29 triple overtime CSFL North victory over Saint Thomas Aquinas College (STAC).
• Both seniors Jon Marble and Michael Turck each had season-best rounds to cap off the fall season for the Lycoming College golf team at the Lebanon Valley Dutchmen Fall Invitational at the par-72, 6,562-yard Lebanon Country Club.
Marble finished 58th out of the 85 golfers, posting three pars, 12 bogeys and three double bogeys to card a season-best 90. Turck had a 94 to finish 69th.
Muncy 3, Troy 0
M–Loudon Boring (James Walters), 4:12. M–Boring (Bode Hart), 50:01. M–Boring (Hart), 51:17.
Shots: M 5, T 11. Corners: M 1, T 2. Saves: M 11 (Eli Slamka), T 2.
Records: Muncy (6-7).
Milton 2, Mifflinburg 1
Mil–Seth Yoder (Dom Ballow), 22:04. Mif–Kellen Beck, 42:16. Mil–Carter Lilley (Ballo), 76:18.
Shots: Mil 10, Mif 5. Corners: Mil 8, Mif 2. Saves: Mil 4 (Jonah Strobel), Mif 8 (Kanon Keister).
South Williamsport 7,
Sullivan County 0
SW–Hayden Swinehart (Gabe Harvey), 14:00. SW–Swinehart (Evan Ogden), 13:00. SW–Swinehart (Caleb Jackson), 39:00. SW–Harvey (Ethan Kuriga), 34:00. SW–Swinehart (Kayvan Shams), 10:00. SW–Swinehart, 7:00. SW–Swinehart (Alex Neidig), 1:00.
Shots: SC 2, SW 13. Corners: SC 2, SW 5. Saves: SC 6 (Owen Schweitzer, Ethan Strain), SW 2 (Brock Weaver).
Central Mountain 0
L–Alfred Romano (Carter Hoover), 36:31. L–Romano, 31:17. L–Romano (Philip Permyashkin), 27:56. L–Eddie Monaco (Permyashkin), 9:25. L–Hoover (Romano), 33:43. L–Zach Kreisher, 15:48.
Shots: L 18, CM 2. Corners: L 4, CM 0. Saves: L 2 (Tony Burns, Henry Harrison), CM 12 (Clay Confer).
Warrior Run 7, Shamokin 2
Warrior Run goals: A. Brown 3, J. Petrin 1, B. Potter 1, L. Mattox 1, T. Polcyn 1. Warrior Run assists: L. Mattox 2, B. Potter 2, T. Polcyn 1, N. Axtman 1. Shamokin goals: H. Karlowich 1.
Shots: WR 7, S 3. Corners: WR 6, S 3. Saves: WR 1, S 0.
Montoursville 3, Hughesville 1
M-Dominic Pulizzi, 38:36. M-Wyatt Fry (Pulizzi), 33:17. H-Mike Finnegan (Eli Edkin), 8:39. M-Fry (Brayden McKibben), 8:13.
Shots: H 8, M 6. Corners: H 4, M 5. Saves: H 3 (Jarret Easton), M 7 (Mason Lauchle).
JV score: Hughesville, 2-0.
Jersey Shore 4, Williamsport 1
JS-Pete Bellomo (Connor Cornelius corner), 24:30. W-Andrew Boll (Angelo Casas), 33:43. JS-Nick Bellomo (Cornelius free kick), 5:50. JS-Cornelius (Nick Bellomo), 23:47. JS-Nick Bellomo (Cornelius corner), 39:04.
Shots: JS 8, W 2. Corners: JS 7, W 6. Saves: JS 1 (Gage Thomas), W 4 (Sam Radulski)
Montgomery 2, North Penn-Liberty 0
M-Gabe McNear. M-McNear.
NOTES: Montgomery goalie Landyn Rine recorded 4 saves.
Records; Montgomery (2-13), N.P.-Liberty (6-6). Next game: Muncy at Montgomery, Wednesday, 4 p.m.
Central Mountain 1, South Williamsport 0
CM–Taylor Weaver, 79:00.
Shots: SW 6, CM 5. Corners: SW 2, CM 4. Saves: SW 2 (Brock Weaver), CM 6 (Clay Confer)
Warrior Run 0
Shots: WR 7, B 5. Corners: WR 1, B 0. Saves: WR 4 (Addy Ohnmeiss), B 7 (Alyssa Shuman).
Lycoming 8, Albright 1
1. Nathan Redell, L, def. Kobe Serpa, 6-0, 6-0; 2. Arpit Gainder, A, def. Cody Greenaway, 6-3, 2-6, 7-5; 3. Luke Leach, L, def. Clay Lewandowski, 6-1, 6-1; 4. Casey Haas, L, def. Ron Andanje, 6-0, 6-0; 5. Jason Anderson, L, def. Mike Vogt, 6-4, 6-0; 6. Sebastian Klimitchev, L, def. Nick Bush, 6-1, 6-4.
1. Nathan Redell/Cody Greenaway, L, def. Clay Lewandowski/Kobe Serpa, 8-0; 2. Luke Leach/Casey Haas, L, def. Arpit Gainder/Mike Vogt, 8-1 3. Jason Anderson/Sebastian Klimitchev, L, def. Ron Andanje/Nick Bush, 8-2.
Records: Lycoming (2-3), Albright (2-3).
Lycoming 7, Albright 2
1. Alex Pancu, A, def. Hannah Seebold, 6-0, 6-0; 2. Madison Heller, L, def. Libby Harford, 6-1, 6-2; 3. Emily Wolfgang, L, def. Shelby Woodard, 7-5, 6-3; 4. Haley Seebold, L, def. Maddie Taylor, 6-0, 6-0; 5. Rei Saar, L, def. Lauren China, 6-2, 6-2; 6. Emily Engelhardt, L, def. Marisa Cocca, 5-7, 6-3, 10-8.
1. Alex Pancu/Shelby Woodard, A, def. Hannah Seebold/Madison Heller, 8-2; 2. Emily Wolfgang/Rei Saar, L, def. Libby Harford/Lauren China, 8-2; 3. Haley Seebold/Addison Angstadt, L, def. Marisa Cocca/Macie Littleton, 8-7 (7-4).
Records: Lycoming (3-4), Albright (3-1).