JVB Check It Out: Celebrate National Gardening Week
JVB Check It Out
The James V. Brown Library, 19 E. Fourth St., has the resources to help you celebrate National Gardening Week from June 7 to June 13.
National Gardening Week encourages community involvement, to interest people in the benefits of gardening, and to work with other groups on community projects.
Brighten your world and get your hands in the dirt for National Gardening Week.
To find titles related to this topic, visit jvbrown.edu, select “Books/Movies/Music” and then do a keyword search for “garden” or “gardening.”
Some notable books include:
• “Kids’ Container Gardening: Year-Round Projects for Inside and Out,” by Cindy Krezel, photography by Bruce Curtis.
• “The 12-Month Gardener: Simple Strategies for Extending your Growing Season,” by Jeff Ashton.
• “Small Space Garden Ideas.” by Philippa Pearson.
• “Gardening Projects for Kids: Fantastic Ideas for Making Things, Growing Plants and Flowers and Attracting Wildlife, with 60 Practical Projects and 500 Photographs,” by Jenny Hendy.
• “The Best-Ever Step-By-Step Kid’s First Gardening: Fantastic Gardening Ideas for 5-12 Year Olds, from Growing Fruit and Vegetables and Fun with Flowers to Wildlife Gardening and Outdoor Crafts,” by Jenny Hendy.
• “Learn to Garden,” by Guy Barter.
• “Secrets from the Jerry Baker Test Gardens: Over 1,436 Tips, Tricks and Tonics from America’s Master Gardener, for Lush Lawns, Amazing Annuals, Eye-Popping Perennials, Beautiful Bulbs, Vibrant Veggies, and Much, Much More!” by Jerry Baker.
• “Easy Peasy: Gardening for Kids,” by Kirsten Bradley.
• “Essential Gardening for Teens,” by Ruth Chasek.
• “Gardening Through the Year,” by Ian Spence.
Remember, during this time, you can place on items available at the James V. Brown Library and pick them up when they are ready. Hughesville Area Public Library is currently offering holds for patrons also.
The James V. Brown Library is open for holds pickup service from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday; and 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday. The library building is closed to the public during this time.
To place a hold, visit www.jvbrown.edu or call 570-326-0536 during the library’s operating hours.