Sadie Says… COVID19: Knowing the symptoms
Q: What should I be doing to be safe regarding the Coronavirus?
A: Prepare and protect your household for novel Coronavirus 19 (COVID 19).
Protect: Practice good health habits
• Wash your hands often for 20 seconds with soap and water.
• Cough or sneeze into your elbow, if you use a tissue dispose of it immediately and wash your hands.
• When soap and water is not available use hand sanitizer.
• Don’t touch your eyes nose or mouth.
• Clean frequently touched surfaces TV remote, phones, door knobs, light switches, kitchen handles and knobs, steering wheel, computer keyboard, elevator buttons or any other frequently touched surfaces at least daily. Or more often if in a public area.
• Stay home when sick.
• Avoid sick people — don’t attend crowded places.
• Masks are to be worn by sick people to help contain the spread of germs. Not to be worn to keep a healthy person healthy!
Prepare: Create a home emergency kit
• Non-perishable food.
• Cleaning supplies.
• Bottled water.
• Flashlight, extra batteries.
• First aid kit: Including thermometer and acetaminophen or Ibuprofen.
• Warm clothing.
• Baby supplies.
• Pet supplies.
Know the symptoms
• Shortness of breath.
If you do get sick stay home! If you need to seek medical care, call your doctor or health care facility to get guidance.
— Sadie Says is provided by the Lycoming County Health Improvement Coalition.