Smoke alarm alerts Trout Run residents to fire


TROUT RUN – After being awakened by a smoke alarm about 12:15 a.m. Tuesday, Myron Cowher discovered a smoldering fire in his bathroom, called 911 and safely got out, according to fire officials.

Light smoke was coming from the home at 2818 Route 14 when volunteer firefighters reached the scene, Rick Whitford, a fire company spokesman said.

Cowher inhaled some smoke, but did not require any medical treatment.

The fire, confined to the bathroom, was under control in about 15 minutes, according to the 911 center.

Whitford said the fire was believed to be electrical in nature.

Cowher was able to return to return to his home.

Volunteer firefighters from Ralston, Hepburn Township and Old Lycoming Township also responded.


Today's breaking news and more in your inbox

I'm interested in (please check all that apply)
Are you a paying subscriber to the newspaper? *

Starting at $4.62/week.

Subscribe Today