×

Fire heavily damages home

Firefighters from several departments battled flames at a home in Jersey Shore early Saturday morning.

The residence at 400 Wilson St. was heavily damaged.

Jersey Shore Borough Fire Chief Robert Cowfer reported the fire, which started sometime around 6:30 a.m., originated from a wood stove in the dining room area.

The owner of the three-story rental home is unknown.

“We were there for approximately three hours,” Cowfer said. “What saved the structure was the police department. They arrived on scene and hit it with a fire extinguisher. We continued from there.”

Responding to the scene were firefighters from Jersey Shore, Antes Fort, Nippenose Township, Woodward Township, Dunnstown, Lock Haven, and Avis.

“We were there for approximately three hours,” Cowfer said.

No one was injured fighting the blaze.