9 people charged with various crimes
Nine people have been charged with various criminal offenses, according to court records. Those charged and the law enforcement agencies involved were:
• Calvin Spann, 50, of 744 Arch St.; city police; strangulation, simple assault and harassment for allegedly striking Sue Brion multiple times and choking her with his hands during a disturbance at their home on Feb. 4; jailed in lieu of $35,000 bail.
• Marcella Carr, 54, of 514 W. Fourth St.; city police; terroristic threats, simple assault and harassment for allegedly striking Aaron Smith several times in the face and threatening to kill him after pulling out a knife in the 500 block of West Fourth Street on Feb. 2; jailed in lieu of $10,000 bail.
• Candace Kelly, 50, 1632 Taylor Place; Lycoming County Sheriff’s Department; possession of seven rocks of crack cocaine and possession of oxycodone and hydrocodone without a prescription in the 100 block of West Fourth Street on Dec. 7; released on $5,000 bail.
• Sandra Stewart, 54, of 1586 Randall Circle; state police; DUI on Route 14 in McIntyre Township on Nov. 17; sent a summons to appear before a district judge.
• Justin Simon, 23, of 918 Cemetery St.; Montoursville police; DUI in the 1000 block of North Loyalsock Avenue on Nov. 9; released on $5,000 bail.
• Elizabeth Harvey 31, of 929 Diamond St.; Lycoming County Detective; possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia in the 1900 block of West Fourth Street in the city on Oct. 19; when she was jailed that night at the Lycoming County Prison on a probation violation, corrections officers found more paraphernalia hidden in her private parts; released now on $10,000 bail.
• Jerry Grow, 43, of 509 Burke St., Jersey Shore; city police; simple assault and harassment for allegedly punching another person (not identified in court papers) in the 700 block of Second Street on July 9; released on $7,500 bail.
* Hunter Thorne, 20, Ricon, Georgia; state police; DUI on Sulphur Springs Road in Armstrong Township on May 26; sent a summons to appear before a district judge.
* Brock Adams, 41, of Millville; state police; multiple felony counts of forgery and theft for allegedly forging 12 checks belonging to his adoptive grandmother, Beverly Adams, of Loyalsock Township, and draining her checking account dry by stealing nearly $45,000 from her between July 2016 and last November; released on $40,000 bail.