Eight charged for various crimes
Eight people have been charged with various criminal offenses, according to court records. Those charged and the law enforcement agencies involved were:
• Mark Douthat, 39, of 1315 Cherry St.; city police; simple assault and harassment after allegedly slamming girlfriend Courtney Linn’s head off a passenger door inside a vehicle at West Third and Arch streets on June 21; jailed in lieu of $10,000 bail.
• Susan Rowles, 36, homeless, formerly of the 800 block of West Third St.; city police; possession with intent to deliver two bags of heroin, tampering with evidence and related offenses at Park Avenue and Herdic Street on June 9; she allegedly attempted to eat one of the heroin bags when arrested; jailed in lieu of $100,000 bail.
• Motorist Justin Morton, 39, of 5508 Route 44 North, Jersey Shore; city police; DUI following a crash in the 200 block of William Street on March 22; his blood-alcohol content level was .09; released on $5,000 bail.
• Motorist John Hughes, 53, of 648 Seventh Ave.; city police; DUI and driving with a suspended license in the 500 block of Market Street on Jan. 19; this was his second DUI arrest; released on $5,000 bail.
• Motorist Curisa Brunson, 28, of 909 Elmira St.; city police; DUI of a controlled substance, possession of 25 oxycodone pills without a prescription and possession of marijuana and driving with a suspended license; she declined to provide a blood sample telling the officer “All types of (expletive) might pop up in that thing,” released on $5,000 bail.
• Motorist Alejandro, Ramon-Cubillos, 38, of Fairview, New Jersey; state police; DUI and careless driving at East Third and Mulberry streets in the city on Dec. 9; he declined to provide a blood sample; released on $5,000 bail.
• Douglas Hilfiger, 54, of 1218 Park Ave.; the state Attorney General’s Office; felony insurance fraud and attempted theft by deception for allegedly filing a fictitious accident claim with the Safe Auto Insurance Co. back in early October 2017; on the claim he stated that his car was involved in a crash on Oct. 4, 2017 when he had covered with the insurance company, but the crash actually occurred in late August of that year when he was not insured by Safe Auto; released on $15,000 bail.
• Mary Louise Smith, 27, of 1025 High St.; state police; felony shoplifting and receiving stolen property for allegedly stealing $4 worth of merchandise from Sally’s Beauty Supplies, 1937 E. Third St. on Sept. 26, 2017; this was her third shoplifting arrest; released on $10,000 bail.