×

Williamsport Manor fire displaces one due to unattended cooking

Chief: Fire caused by unattended cooking

After a late-night fire at the Williamsport Manor Wednesday, one man was hospitalized at the closest Lehigh Valley Health Network hospital for fire injuries and smoke inhalation, according to Williamsport Fire Department Chief Todd Heckman.

The fire, which was under close investigation for a cause, was found to be due to unattended cooking in the kitchen. The way the apartments are designed makes everything close together and, according to Heckman, the fire “pretty much gutted the apartment.”

Some apartments on floors below the one that caught fire faced water damage, but that has since been taken care of, allowing the residents of those apartments to return home.

Though there is not an estimated amount of damage, the resident of the apartment fire will be displaced until the apartment has been looked at by the insurance and refurbished.

“He lost all of his belongings,” Heckman said