16 people charged for various alleged crimes
Sixteen people have been charged with various criminal offenses, according to court records. Those charged and the law enforcement agencies involved were:
• Michael Steinruck, 21, and Dante Marra, 23, both of 149 Snaurytown Road, Montgomery; the local chapter of the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals; aggravated cruelty to animals and four counts of neglect of animal for allegedly neglecting to provide access to food, shelter or water to five dogs under their care at their home on Aug. 17; one dog died on the premises, according to court records; both released on $20,000 bail each.
• Courtland Baier, 22, of 504 Lane; Tiadaghton Valley Regional police; DUI and careless driving in the 500 block of Route 44 South in Nippenose Township on Aug. 16; his blood-alcohol content level was 0.19; sent a summons to appear before a district judge.
• Jacob Bauer, 20, of 2030 Zuni Lane; city police; possession of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia and corrupting the morals of a minor for allegedly giving marijuana to a 16-year-old boy in the 700 block of West Edwin Street on Aug. 16; sent a summons to appear before a district judge.
• Myron Thompson IV, 23, of 1236 Cemetery Road, Muncy; state police; possession with intent to deliver methamphetamines and related offenses at his home on Aug. 1; jailed in lieu of $90,000 bail.
• Quinton Wilson, 18, of 2104 Cummings St.; city police; possession with intent to deliver three bags of fentanyl and possession of marijuana at Park Avenue and Kaupp Place on July 31; jailed in lieu of $10,000 bail.
• Samuel Beatty, 66, of 1623 Rose Valley Road, Cogan Station; state police; DUI and careless driving in the 100 block of Dogwood Lane in Wolf Township on July 21; his blood-alcohol content level was 0.10
• Shawn Fillman, 26, of 820 Funston Ave.; the county’s Narcotics Enforcement Unit; possession with intent to deliver marijuana and related offenses at Louisa and Elmira streets in the city on July 18; initially jailed now out on $25,000 bail.
• Norman Waycaster, 39, of 222 Chatham St.; the county’s Narcotics Enforcement Unit; possession with intent to deliver 11 hydrocodone pills and related offenses at his city home on July 11; released on $50,000 bail.
• Ocufi Lawrence, 40, of 1238 Memorial Ave.; city police; DUI and careless driving following a crash in the 1100 block of Memorial Avenue on June 24; his blood-alcohol content level was 0.22; released on $5,000 bail.
• James Labenberg, 57, of 85 Valley Heights Drive; city police; DUI and accidents involving damage to unattended vehicle (hit-run) following a crash in the 900 block of Washington Boulevard on June 9; he was apprehended within minutes after the crash; his blood-alcohol content level was 0.14; released on $5,000 bail.
• Cassandra Welshans, 28, of 600 Railroad St., Jersey Shore; Tiadaghton Valley Regional police; felony shoplifting and misdemeanor receiving stolen property for allegedly stealing a total of $96 worth of merchandise from the Minit Mart, 815 Allegheny St., Jersey Shore, between May 20 and May 27; this was her sixth shoplifting arrest; initially jailed now out on $15,000 bail.
• Alexander Hughes, 32, of Upper Darby; the county’s Narcotics Enforcement Unit; theft-related charges for allegedly taking $80 from an undercover officer and failing to meet his end of the deal which was to provide heroin for the officer in the 2300 block of West Fourth Street in the city on April 26; instead he took the cash and bolted, police alleged; jailed in lieu of $25,000 bail.
• Kevin Boyles, 30, of 407 Spook Hollow Road, Cogan Station; city police; indecent assault, open lewdness and harassment in the 800 block of Market Street on March 25; released on $5,000 bail.
• Christopher White, 44, who had multiple addresses including one in DuBoistown and South Williamsport; the county’s Narcotics Enforcement Unit; possession with intent to deliver cocaine and related offenses in the 700 block of Washington Boulevard on Jan. 29; jailed in lieu of $50,000 bail.
• Rasheed Brown, 25, of 604 Brandon Place; city police; possession with intent to deliver crack cocaine and related offenses at Railway and Wilson streets in late September 2018; jailed in lieu of $10,000 bail.