5 people charged with various crimes
Five persons have been charged with various criminal offenses, according to court records. Those charged and the law enforcement agencies involved were:
• Jason Wherley, 40, of 1229 Washington Blvd.; state police; burglary, felony trespassing and related offenses for allegedly attempting to enter a woman’s home illegally at 1938 Poco Farm Road in Loyalsock Township about 12:15 a.m. on Tuesday; when police reached scene, he was standing on a back patio wearing only underwear and holding an unknown object in his hand; he allegedly ripped off window screens; jailed in lieu of $35,000 bail.
• Nafis Jones, 26, of Philadelphia; the county’s Narcotics Enforcement Unit; possession with intent to deliver $10 bags of heroin and related offenses for his alleged involvement in two city drug sales in the 2500 block of Federal Avenue; one on Oct. 23 and the other the following day; jailed in lieu of $125,000 bail.
• Krista Meyer, 39, of 945 Memorial Ave.; the county’s Narcotics Enforcement Unit; possession with intent to deliver cocaine and related offenses at her home on Aug. 13; jailed in lieu of $50,000 bail.
• Thomas Hughes, 53, of 504 Thompson St., South Williamsport; South Williamsport police; DUI in the 500 block of Thompson Street on Aug. 1; his blood-alcohol content level was .12; released on $5,000 bail.
• Naomi Kellam, 58, of 411 Louisa St.; the county’s Narcotics Enforcement Unit; possession with intent to deliver heroin and related offenses in the 400 block of Louisa Street in the city on July 30; jailed in lieu of $75,000 bail.