15 charged with various crimes
Fifteen people have been charged with various criminal offenses, according to court records. Those charged and the law enforcement agencies involved were:
• Robert Jarvis III, 23, of 460 William St.; city police; simple assault and harassment for allegedly assaulting Lily Dugan and Christopher Bartholomew at his home after he invited the two for dinner on Nov. 10; following a verbal altercation, he threw a plate of food at Dugan and ordered everyone to leave; as Dugan was leaving, he grabbed her by the neck and did the same to Bartholomew when he attempted to intervene, police alleged; released on $7,5000 bail.
• William Sanders, 29, of Harrisburg; Montoursville police; possession with intent to deliver methamphetamines and possession of an instrument of crime (a BB gun that looked very much like a real handgun) in the 700 block of Broad Street on Oct. 23; jailed in lieu of $25,000 bail.
• Quahdeir Durrant, 22, of 648 Cemetery St.; city police; simple assault and harassment for allegedly grabbing Aliya Garnett’s hair and dragging the woman around the home during disturbance at 610 Lycoming St, the Timberland Apartments, on Oct. 21; he fled the scene but soon returned, allegedly throwing a bicycle through Garnett’s apartment window; jailed in lieu of $7,500 bail.
• James Stewart, 65, and his wife, Lisa Stewart, 55, both of 22 Harer Park Road, Jersey Shore; Tiadaghton Valley Regional police; conspiracy to possession with intent to deliver 120 grams of marijuana and conspiracy to possession of drug paraphernalia for an incident at their Mifflin Township home on Oct. 20; both released on $35,000 bail.
• Lycoming County Prison inmate Tyrone Sanders, 22, of 36 W. Walnut St., Hughesville; three new sets of felony theft-related charges filed by Montgomery police for allegedly stealing thousands of dollars worth of car batteries, catalytic converters and other scrap metal from Brady Township in late September; one victim, Michael Winters, reported scrap metal and batteries – with a total value in excess of $12,000 – were taken twice from his property at 1766 Elimsport Road; another victim was Mark Winters, who reported that $1,230 worth of scrap metal taken from his property on Smith Road; already jailed in $25,000 bail, Sanders was recommitted last week in lieu of an additional $45,000 bail.
• Tracy McGowan, 30, of Beaver Springs; state police; involuntary deviate sexual intercourse, indecent assault and corrupting the morals of a minor for allegedly having inappropriate contact with a teenage boy in Fairfield Township on Sept. 22; jailed in lieu of $35,000 bail.
• Nathan Winter, 30, of 511 Berger St.; state police; theft for allegedly stealing six cartons of cigarettes between late August and mid-September from the Nittany Minit Mart, 1450 E. Third St., while he was employed there; a bench warrant for his arrest was expected to be failed to appear for his preliminary hearing.
• Elisha Cramer 43, of 2850 Cochran Ave., DuBoistown; the county’s Narcotics Enforcement Unit; attempted possession of a controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia after allegedly attempting to purchase drugs from an undercover officer in the 1700 block of West Fourth Street on Sept. 9; sent a summons to appear before a district judge.
• Christopher Jett II, 24, of 502 Grier St.; Pennsylvania College of Technology police; DUI and careless driving in the 900 block of West Fourth Street in the city on Sept. 8; his blood-alcohol content level was .22; released on $3,500 bail.
• Leonard Hewlett, 70, of 505 Center St.; city police; DUI at Fifth and Memorial avenues on Aug. 31; his blood-alcohol content level was .16; released on $3,500 bail.
• Travis Klinger, 32, of 1962 Johnson Drive, Nisbet; state police; theft by deception and misdemeanor shoplifting for allegedly failing to pay $137 tab that he racked up at the Whiskey Room, 30 W. Third St., on Aug. 18; released on $5,000 bail.
• Tyren Thompson, 40, of Philadelphia; the county’s Narcotics Enforcement Unit; possession with intent to deliver 63 grams of cocaine and related offenses at Seventh and Park avenues in the city on Aug. 12; jailed in lieu of $75,000 bail.
• Tyrone Sims, 27, of 945 Memorial Ave.; the county’s Narcotics Enforcement Unit; possession with intent to deliver cocaine and related offenses at his home on Aug. 7; jailed in lieu of $75,000 bail.
• Annnalise Bezri, 25, of 2500 Federal Ave.; state police; DUI of a controlled substance, possession of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia, careless driving and careless driving at Fifth Avenue and High Street in the city on Aug. 7; sent a summons to appear before a district judge.