Firefighters find no blaze but medical episode in kitchen

City firefighters rushed to the five-story Williamsport Manor at 450 Center St. for a reported fire in an apartment about 8 p.m. Wednesday.

But what they found when they arrived was a third-floor resident who suffered a medical episode while cooking, according to fire officials.

There was no actual fire and the resident was taken by ambulance to the Williamsport Regional Medical Center.


Today's breaking news and more in your inbox

I'm interested in (please check all that apply)