Multiple people face charges Lycoming County

Homeless man charged with breaking into two businesses in three days

Just two days after breaking into Acme BBQ at 445 Market St., alleged burglar Samuel Joseph Agor was found sleeping on the second floor of the business next door, city Patrolman Zachary Geary said in an affidavit.

During the early morning hours of Sept. 26, a burglar broke into the eatery and stole an assortment of meats, cheese and soda from a refrigerator, Patrolman Nicholas Carrita said in court papers.

There was evidence that the intruder stopped to eat and drink inside the business, the officer said, adding that there was “an open soda can and an opened pack of salami left on a table.

Several items in the basement, including rice and sugar packets, were scattered throughout the floor, Carrita said.

Shortly after 8 a.m. on Sept. 28, Geary and other officers were called to the building next door at 443 Market St. for a possible burglary after the owners of the property arrived for work and discovered “a bike on the side of the structure inside a previously-locked gate,” court records stated.

As he was going through the building, Geary discovered a homeless man sleeping inside the Tiny Bakery Shop on the second floor. The man was identified as the 28-year-old Agor.

“I made several attempts to wake Agor, but I was unable,” Geary said. He saw a backpack near Agor, and in it were marijuana, drug paraphernalia and other items. The officer administered narcan and called for an ambulance.

There was no information on whether Agor went to the hospital or he was admitted.

Investigators believe Agor entered the building through an open window on the second floor that “led to a roof accessible from a fire escape. He made entry through this window and made his way to the second floor which allowed him to bypass locked common door,” Geary explained.

The officer said he found inside the building several packets of meat and cheese that were stolen from Acme next door. During an interview with police on Saturday, Agor admitted to breaking into Acme.

Besides the drugs and paraphernalia, inside the backpack that Agor had with him were a cellphone and an iPad that turned out to be stolen from South Williamsport, Geary said.

Agor was arraigned before District Judge Aaron Biichle on two counts each of burglary, felony trespassing and theft, three counts of receiving stolen property and one count each of possession of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia and criminal mischief. He was committed to the Lycoming County Prison in lieu of $170,000 bail.

He was arraigned Monday before District Judge William Solomon on Old Lycoming Township police charges of breaking into a home in the township on Sept. 23. In this case, he is jailed in lieu of $100,000 bail.

Trout Run man charged with rape

Tanner Long, 29, of Trout Run, has been charged with allegedly raping a woman after she invited him into her Jersey Shore apartment in early July, according to Tiadaghton Valley Regional police.

Following his recent arraignment before District Judge Jerry Lepley on charges of rape, aggravated indecent assault, sexual assault, indecent assault, strangulation, simple assault and harassment, Long was jailed in lieu of $75,000 bail.

Crack cocaine found packaged and ready for sale

When investigators from the county’s Narcotics Enforcement Unit executed a search warrant Monday at Nicholas Etumnu’s room at 630 Campbell St., a boarding home, “dozens of bags of crack cocaine (were) packaged (and ready) for sale,” according to an affidavit filed at Biichle’s office.

Etumnu, 32, was in his room and was in possession of “a large amount of cash, crack cocaine packaging material” as well as the numerous bags of crack.

Additional controlled substances, not identified in court papers, were seized, investigators said.

Following his arraignment before Biichle on one count of possession with intent to deliver a controlled substance, Etumnu was jailed in lieu of $85,000 bail.

Motorist who bolted from police nabbed in cemetery

“He’s running to Charles Street. He running to Charles Street,” several residents on their porches repeatedly yelled at city Patrolman Gino Caschera as he chased after a motorist who jumped out of his car near Wyoming and Grove streets and took off running after the officer stopped his vehicle about 1:30 p.m. Sunday, according to court records.

Other officers swarmed into the neighborhood. One cop spotted the man running west across George Street and into St. Boniface Cemetery at Penn and Wyoming streets, where the individual, identified as Irvin Cook, 22, of 837 High St., was nabbed.

Cook told police that “he ran because he believed there was a warrant for his arrest from the state parole office,” Caschera said.

It was alleged that as officers were chasing him, Cook attempted to enter a locked garage in order to avoid capture, according to witnesses. One witness provided police with a video that showed Cook allegedly trying get into a secured building, Caschera said.

While it was unknown this week if there was any warrant for Cook’s arrest from the parole office, officers discovered and seized in excess of 55 grams of marijuana, most of it wrapped in bags, that were found in a gym bag in his car, Caschera said. Also in the bag was Cook’s wallet that contained a bank card and a social security card in his name, the officer said.

Following his arraignment before Biichle on charges of attempted burglary, flight to avoid apprehension, fleeing police, possession with intent to deliver a controlled substance, possession of a controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia, Cook was jailed in lieu of $95,000 bail.

Two prison inmates charged in separate incidents

County Prison inmate Christopher Savage, 26, has been charged with aggravated assault after allegedly punching a corrections officer in the head as he was being committed to the jail at 277 W. Third St. about 6:30 p.m.on Sept. 10, according to county Detective Stephen J. Sorage.

Savage, with a last known address of Hughesville, was being jailed that night on a bench warrant filed by the county’s Domestic Relations Office, Sorage said.

The corrections officer was not seriously injured in the attack, Sorage said. Following his arraignment before Biichle on Sept. 22, Savage was recommitted in lieu of $125,000 bail.

In a second case involving another inmate, Rashay Morton, 39, 753 W. Edwin St., has been charged by Sorage with aggravated harassment by prison following an incident at the jail about 11 a.m. on Aug. 9.

While in her cell, Morton urinated in a cup and then set it aside until a corrections officer came by her cell, Sorage said. The inmate then grabbed the cup and threw it under the door, Sorage alleged, adding that the urine “came out on the other side, splashing on the officer’s shoes.

Jailed on assault-related city police charges since Aug. 1 when she was arrested following a disturbance at the Hampton Inn at 140 Via Bella, Morton was arraigned on the one new charge and recommitted in lieu of an additional $75,000 bail. She has waived her preliminary hearings in both cases.

State police charge man with loitering

Tymen Watts, 35, has been jailed on charges of allegedly trespassing and loitering at a former neighbor’s property about 9:15 p.m. on Sept. 29, according to state Trooper Paul Beard.

Watts, formerly of the 4200 block of Route 87, showed up uninvited at Jonathan Murray’s home at 4182 Route 87 in Upper Fairfield Township, Beard said.

“Murray opened the front door and told Watts to leave, but then Watts attempted to walk into the home,” Beard said in an affidavit. Murray pushed Watts back and locked his front door, the trooper said, adding that Watts walked into Murray’s fenced-in yard. Again, Murray ordered to leave, which he did about five minutes later.

After 10 minutes later, Watts was found sitting along the side of the road and was taken into custody. He was “under the influence of alcohol or a controlled substance,” Beard wrote in a criminal complaint.

“Watts told us he forgot where he lived and was trying to find his home. He continued to change his story as to what he was doing and appeared extremely confused,” Beard said in an affidavit.

Arraigned before Lepley on charges of defiant trespassing, loitering and public drunkenness, Watts, who now has no permanent address, remains jailed in lieu of $5,000 bail.

North Carolina man arrested after assault at motel

Wesley Robertson, 38, of Greensboro, North Carolina, has been charged with simple assault and harassment for allegedly assaulting his girlfriend and pointing a handgun at her inside a guest room at the Best West, 1840 E. Third St., about 10 p.m. on Sept. 15, state police said.

Following his arraignment before Kemp, Robertson was initially jailed, but has since been released on $15,000 bail. He has since waived his preliminary hearing. The girlfriend, who was not identified in court papers, was treated at UMPC Williamsport for injuries she suffered in the attack, police said.


Today's breaking news and more in your inbox

I'm interested in (please check all that apply)

Starting at $4.62/week.

Subscribe Today