Williamsport man allegedly leads police on a car chase

A city man believed to be associated with a domestic disturbance allegedly led city police on a chase from Memorial Avenue to Mosser Avenue earlier this week, say police.

Lindsey Williams, 31, of 2500 Federal Ave., Apt. 329, allegedly fled from police in his gold-colored 2003 Buick Sedan exceeding the speed limit, ignored six stop signs and blew through a red light at a high speed while evading officers, alleged Sgt. Brian McGee.

City police arrived at the 1500 block of Memorial Avenue at around 9:40 p.m. Monday to investigate a report of a domestic disturbance. McGee said he saw a Buick speeding away west bound, and believed it could have been the male involved in the disturbance.

The Buick allegedly ignored a stop sign at the intersection of Memorial Avenue and Oliver Street.

Police chased the vehicle south on Oliver Street, west on Scott Street, and west on West Fourth Street. The vehicle allegedly failed to stop for three stop signs in that distance.

The Buick continued into Newberry, allegedly surpassing 80 mph. It turned south onto Poplar Street, allegedly ignoring more stop signs from there to Trenton Avenue.

The vehicle stopped at the rear of 2169 Mosser Ave. and the driver allegedly fled on foot. According to McGee, the driver, later identified as Williams, was apprehended in front of 2127 Lincoln St. Williams allegedly was found to have a suspended license.

Williams was arraigned by District Judge Aaron Biichle for fleeing or attempting to elude a police officer, recklessly endangering another person, driving while his license was suspended, failing to stop at six stop signs, driving through a red light and reckless driving.

Biichle set bail to $25,000, and unable to post, Williams is being held in the Lycoming County Prison until his preliminary hearing before District Judge Christian Frey Jan. 19.


Today's breaking news and more in your inbox

I'm interested in (please check all that apply)

Starting at $4.62/week.

Subscribe Today