Shoulder upgrades this week in Loyalsock, Jackson townships
This week, a state Department of Transportation maintenance crew in Lycoming County will perform shoulder upgrades on Fairview Road in Loyalsock Township, and on Brick Church Road and Williamson Trail in Jackson Township.
The work on Fairview Road will be performed during daylight hours from Monday to Wednesday. The road will be closed during work hours.
A detour will be in place using Four Mile Drive and Warrensville Road.
On Thursday and Friday, work will be performed on Brick Church Road and Williamson Trail. A daylight closure will be in place with Blockhouse Road and Williamson Trail serving as the detour.
Patching on Route 15 in South Williamsport
This week, a PennDOT maintenance crew in Lycoming County will perform pavement patching on Route 15 in South Williamsport Borough.
On Tuesday, work will be performed on Route 15 northbound from East Pheasant Alley to just north of East Southern Avenue. The northbound left (passing) lane of Route 15 will be closed.
Southern Avenue will be closed between Route 15 northbound and southbound. A signed detour will be in place. There will be access to the plaza located on Southern Avenue between the northbound and southbound lanes.
On Thursday, the northbound right (driving) lane will be closed at the same location for the same work. Southern Avenue be closed with a signed detour in place and access to the plaza maintained.
Work both days will be from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., weather permitting.
Bridge maintenance on East Lockhart Street in Sayre
On Thursday, a state highway maintenance crew in Bradford County will remove trees from the piers of the county-owned bridge on East Lockhart Street in Sayre Borough. The bridge spans the North Branch Susquehanna River between Thomas Avenue in the borough and Route 1043 (Riverside Drive) in Athens Township.
Due to the size of the crane that will be used to remove the trees, the bridge will be closed from about 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
A detour will be in place using Thomas Avenue, Walnut Street, Main Street, Bridge Street and Riverside Drive.
Road work scheduled
Road work is scheduled by PennDOT in the following counties this week:
• Patching along Route 15 in South Williamsport and Route 44 in Washington Township.
• Shoulder upgrades along Fairview Road in Loyalsock Township, Blockhouse and Williamson Trail roads in Jackson Township.
• Bridge replacement along Liuzza Road in Moreland Township.
• Ditch cleaning along Lycoming Creek Road in Hepburn Township.
• Crack sealing along Bottle Run Road in Old Lycoming Township.
• Mowing along routes 220, 144 and 150 and Interstate 80.
• Sign repairs along Route 144 and various routes.
• Guiderail repairs along Route 150.
• Patching along Route 120, North Bend to Baker Run and Route 1001.
• Patching bridge decks along Route 220, Salona to McElhattan and Interstate 80, 174 to 178 mile markers.
• Pipe flushing along Route 220 southbound.
• Pipe replacement and patching, Monday to Friday, along Route 4006 in Elkland Township.
• Crack sealing, Monday-Friday, along Route 42 in Shrewsbury Township.
• Bridge repair, Monday to Friday, along Route 87 in Forks Township.
• Mowing, Monday to Friday, along various state routes.
• Shoulder cutting along Spring Hill Road in Tuscarora and Stevens townships, Laceyville to Wyalusing in Tuscarora and Wyalusing townships, Route 2010 to Sugar Run in Terry and Wilmot townships and Sugar Hill and Quicks Bend roads in Wilmot Township.
• Pavement patching along Spring Lake to Wysox in Asylum Township, Sopertown Road in Columbia Township, Coryland Road in Columbia and Wells townships and Little Meadows Road in Warren Township.
• Shoulder repairs along Lake Road in Wysox Township and Laning Creek Road in Wysox and Sheshequin townships.
• Bridge replacement along Bumpville Road in Rome Township.
• Paving roadway along Grange Road in Franklin Township.
• Flushing bridges, countywide.
• Ditch cleaning along Front Street Road in Athens Township.
• Mowing along various routes in the Milan area in Sheshequin, Litchfield, Rome and Athens townships.
• Manual patching along Newtown Hill Road in Richmond Township and Mill Creek Road in Rutland Township.
• Apply dust palliative along West Union, Mae Cae and Randall roads in Union Township and Alexander and Rarm roads in Liberty Township.
• Channel cleaning along Route 287 in Tioga Township.
• Ditching and stabilization along Route 362 in Shippen and Delmar townships.
• Shoulder back up along Cobb Road in Charleston Township.
• Replace crosspipes and patch pipe trenches along Morris Run Road in Hamilton Township.
• Ditching and stabilization along Shumway Hill Road in Charleston Township.
• Bridge deck repairs along Marsh Creek Road in Shippen Township.
• Crack sealing along Locey Creek Road in Deerfield and Chatham townships.
• Patching along Ridge Road in Point Township, Route 1006 , Route 45 in East Chillisquaque Township, Third Street in Mt. Carmel Township and Route 125 in East Cameron Township.
• Base repairs along Strawbridge Road in Point Township and Route 1006.
• Belt loading along Boyd Station Road and Route 2001 in Rush Township.
• Bridge flushing along various routes.
• Bridge replacement along Brush Valley Road in Rockefeller Township.
• Small paint markings along Route 11 in Point Township.
• Crack seal along Route 225 in Zerbe Township.
• Sign upgrade along Route 147 in Lower Mahanoy.
• Paving along Pleasant Grove Ropad in Lewis Township, Trails End and Creek Road in Harley Township, River Road in White Deer Township and Orchard Road in Lewis Township.
• Pipe replacement along Col. John Kelly Road in Buffalo Township.
• Bruidge flushing along Route 45 in Hartley, Lewis and East Buffalo townships.
• Milling along Wildwood Road in Limestone Township.