‘Gifts from the garden’ class offered to public
The Penn State Master Gardeners of Lycoming County are offering gardening classes and events to get homeowners growing in their plant knowledge. Classes will be held at the County Lysock View Complex, 542 County Farm Road, in Loyalsock Township, unless otherwise specified.
Seating is limited and registration is required by going online for each specific event at http://extension.psu.edu/lycoming/events or by calling the toll-free registration desk at 877-345-0691.
• Oct. 5 — First Friday: Stop by the Master Gardeners’ table downtown Williamsport from 5 p.m. to dark. Registration not needed.
• Oct. 13 — What’s Growing on in the Garden?, 10 to 11 a.m. See what produce, pests and plants are growing. Registration not needed.
• Oct. 20 — Outdoor Grower’s Market, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Stop by the Master Gardeners’ table at the Grower’s Market, corners of Hepburn and Little League Boulevard. Registration not needed.
• Nov. 3 — Gifts from the Garden, 10 a.m. to noon. Learn how to make decoupaged flowers and terra cotta clay pot ornaments. Donation of $10 for supplies required.
• Dec. 6 — Make a Holiday Centerpiece with Fresh Cut Greens, 6 to 8 p.m. Each member of the group will make a beautiful holiday arrangement with six winter greens. Everything will be provided including the container, candle, greens and ribbon. Bring gardening gloves and clippers. Donation of $10 for supplies required.
For more information, call Jean Hammond at 570-433-3040.