Bridge replacement project to begin on Slacks Run Road
On Wednesday, work will begin on the bridge replacement project. Motorists can expect single lane closures under daylight flagging.
At 8 a.m., May 18, Slacks Run Road will be closed while a state Department of Transportation maintenance crew removes the old bridge and replaces it with a Box Culvert.
A detour will be establishing using Flanagan Hill and Rose Valley roads.
The work is expected to be completed by August, weather permitting.
Motorists should be alert, slow down, expect delays, watch for changing traffic patterns, and drive with caution.
Work on all projects will be in accordance with Centers for Disease Control and state Department of Health guidance as well as a project-specific COVID-19 safety plan.
Work on Route 220 safety to resume
Motorists who travel Route 220 are advised that lane restrictions will be implemented next week in Woodward and Piatt townships.
Work will resume Monday and will be conducted during off-peak hours to minimize traffic impacts. Contractors will install erosion control measures, traffic control devices and continue overhead utility relocation in preparation. Miscellaneous construction activities will continue through the next week with paving operations expected late-May.
Motorists can expect alternating lane closures during off-peak hours.
The Project is expected to be completed in Fall of 2022.
Glenn O. Hawbaker Inc. is the prime contractor on this $41 million, 3-year safety improvement project.
Motorists are advised that lane restrictions will begin next week on Route 45 in Lewisburg.
Starting on Monday, a PennDOT maintenance crew will perform base work on Route 45 beginning in the eastbound lane between 8th Street and Water Street. The work will take place between the hours of 9 a.m. and 2 p.m. Motorists can expect alternating lane closures with daylight flagging.
The work is expected to be completed by May 22, weather permitting.
Motorists should be alert, slow down, expect delays and drive with caution through the work zone.
Bridge to be
replaced in Shunk
A bridge replacement project on Route 154 in the village of Shunk is set to restart.
The bridge spans Hoagland Run, in the village of Shunk, which is located in Fox Township, Sullivan County.
Work will begin on Monday and will be completed during daylight hours. The work will include approach work, epoxy surface treatment and line painting.
Motorists should expect alternating lane closures controlled by flagging.
Work is expected to be completed by late June of 2020, weather permitting.
Nestlerode Contracting is the primary contractor for the $1,520,00, two-year, bridge replacement project.
The following counties have scheduled road work for next week:
• Bridge replacement on Slacks Run Road in Cascade Township.
• Patching on Trout Run Mountain Road in Lewis Township and on Edkin Hill Road in Shrewsbury Township.
• Patching and drainage work on Rose Valley Road in Gamble Township.
• Patching on Route 4009 in Elkland Township.
• Crack sealing on Route 87 in Colley Township.
• Bridge flushing countywide.
• Sign replacement and repairs countywide.
• Patching on Berwick Turnpike Road in Ridgebury Township, on Route 467 in Pike Township, on Route 220 in South Waverly Borough, from Laddsburg to Monroeton in Albany and Monroe townships and on Shaffer’s Notch Road in Terry Township.
• Crack sealing on Sopertown Road in Columbia Township.
• Shoulder work on Southside Road in Leroy and Canton townships.
• Bridge flushing countywide.
• Pipe replacement on Grange Road in Franklin Township.
• Size dozing on Route 199 in Athens Township.
• Patching and shoulder stabilization on Hatch Hill Road in Albany Township.
• Sign installation countywide.
• Size dozing on Klingerstown Road in Jordan Township.
• Belt loading on Klingerstown Road in Jordan Township.
• Patching and brushing on Sitzer Road in East Cameron Township, on Slutter Valley Road in Washington Township and on Snydertown Road in Upper Augusta Township.
• Detour work and sign repairs on Salem Road in Upper Mahanoy Township.
• Crack sealing on Route 4001 in Rush Township.
• Sweeping on various routes and county roads.
• Guiderail repairs on various routes and county roads.
• Manual patching on Route 14 and Zion Road in Union Township and on Pickle Hill Road in Richmond Township.
• Shoulder cutting on Route 249 in Middlebury, Chatham and Westfield townships.
• Pipe replacement, U drain installation and manual patching on Austinville Road in Sullivan Township.
• Manual patching and U drain installation on Alder Run Road in Jackson Township.
• Bridge replacement on North Road in Jackson Township.
• Install underdrain, pipe extension and ditching on Cherry Flats Road in Covington Township.
• Shoulder repairs and ditching on Beachwood Lake Road in Clymer Township.
• Crack sealing on Charleston Road in Charleston Township and on all state routes and local roads in the Westfield and Blossburg areas.
• Crack sealing on Route 15 in White Deer, Gregg and Kelly townships.
• Base repairs on Route 45 in Lewisburg Borough.
• Applying mastic on Route 80 in White Deer, Lewis and West Buffalo townships.
• Shoulder cutting on Lincoln Chapel, Weikert Road and Hassenlug Road in Hartley Township.