East Lycoming schools hear finance committee recommendation
HUGHESVILLE — The finance committee recommended that the East Lycoming School board draft a resolution authorizing the district to stay within the Act 1 index for its 2020-21 budget, it was reported by David Maciejewski, district business manager.
The index for the district is set at 3.6 percent, which does not mean that taxes will be raised by that amount, but that they can’t be raised by more than that percentage.
Maciejewski told the board at its meeting Tuesday night that the options to consider were either voting to stay within the index or drafting an early preliminary budget. The resolution will be put on the agenda at the second board meeting in December since the first meeting is a reorganization meeting.
In other business, the board approved the following personnel items:
• Christine Nau as part-time building secretary at Ashkar Elementary at a rate of $13.54 per hour for 4.75 hours per day.
• Pauline Kolletzki as part-time supervisory aide at Ashkar Elementary at a rate of $11.46 per hour for 5.25 hours per day.
• Corey Kepner as a junior high assistant wrestling coach at a rate of $2,611.
• Kathy Eggerton and Geoffrey Harman as daily substitute teaching/support staff.
• The resignations of M. Dan Egly, as business manager and Tina Remsnyder as assistant boys track coach and the retirement resignation of Ronald Lorson.
• Steve Budman, Lucas Drick, Aaron Fry, Heath Strickland, Troy Hansen, Michael Walton and Nate Hill as wrestling season athletic volunteers.
Board members present were: Richard Michael, Richard Bradley, Donna Gavitt, Michael Mamrak, Karen Berger, Lisa McClintock and Robert Heckrote.
The next board meeting will be at 7 p.m. Dec. 4 for board reorganization and any action items, if needed. The date for the second meeting in December will be determined at the reorganization meeting. Both meetings will be at the district board room, 349 Cemetery St.